nice day on Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First let me say, I seen a t-shirt hanging from a tree next to where we were with you're logo on it, sorry I didn't stop by and say hi. Second, I completely here what you're saying. I to have thought about going on the "next level". However, as a single dad, I just can't justify the time and expense for it right now. But, wouldn't it be cool to actualy be geared up and properly trained to actualy be able to attempt something like the Doria! Ah, to sleep, per chance to dream!

Debraw:
You know it was weird, when i went to post this, I thought "wow everyone is going to think i am such a loser for turning back now."

Debra, you are lots of things -- a friend, dive buddy, confidant, mentor and countless others....but a "loser" is NOT one of them! I think it was a terrific call on your part. You know you ALWAYS have my support in whatever you do!
:giveusahu

Debra,,, I know you and I see each other alot and visit,,,but just wanted to say that there is nothing wrong with 'changing your direction',,,I can understand your feelings being relativly new into the tech side of diving myself...it is a change that requires commitment and 'time' and $$ and more time! I still say that truly getting into tech diving whether it be caving/wreck/deep or a mix, is something you should want to do,,not to just keep up with the Jones, but because you have a goal-plan. For me that plan is wrecks. You are a very expc. sport diver whom I know really enjoys u/w photography...and is good at it....maybe you should expand your skills and knowledge in that wonderful part of our hobby...just an idea. Most 'sport-tech divers' which the majority of us are who persue the techie side,,,spend a good amount of time recreational diving anyways. You have made the choice that is best for you in the present and near future,,,that is a good thing......the feeling of peer pressure or just keeping up has no part in any form of scuba diving. Diving should be safe and enjoyable in the form which you pick to partc. in. Happy diving!!! :)

shaggie:
First let me say, I seen a t-shirt hanging from a tree next to where we were with you're logo on it, sorry I didn't stop by and say hi. Second, I completely here what you're saying. I to have thought about going on the "next level". However, as a single dad, I just can't justify the time and expense for it right now. But, wouldn't it be cool to actualy be geared up and properly trained to actualy be able to attempt something like the Doria! Ah, to sleep, per chance to dream!

Were you solo diving with the poseidon stuff? Or the guy eating the rations sleeping under the blue tarp?

Debraw:
.....is recreational diving enough to keep you interested? It is for me, right now. Time to pleasure dive, take some pictures and leave only bubbles.

It is for me, too. I really don't have the interest to get into the tech classes, I'm not a depth junkie, and I'm too old to be trying to prove things to other people (I'm not saying that's why other people do it, but it would be the only reason that I would). I want to do what I do well, do it safely, and most of all, relax and have fun. After I get back from Coz I plan on doing more than a few dives in the swamp just playing with my camera. I don't care if I move more than 10 feet, I'll be underwater and loving life.

Don't worry, there's a lot of folks here who'll line up to do pleasure dives with ya because that's all we care about doing, plus we always enjoy your company :mooner:

Did I tell you that I'm going to Coz in 2 weeks? :D

Debraw.... You know, Would you believe that I used to be Young and Beautiful?
Well.... all that has changed for me... :huh:
Now I have to be content with just being Beautiful :14:

You still have it all ! :wink:

Sniff, Sniff, you guys are the best!!!!!!:sappy:

Neither, we were about 50ft closer to the water under the trees from you guys. There were two of us. We left about 4 or 5 pm (saturday). If you seen us, we were probably knocking back a couple of cold ones if we weren't in the water.

Debraw, I ditto everything that our fellow Swampers have said. I had over 50 dives before I took my AOW, and I'm not in any big hurry to "advance" because I'm loving being a "plain,ol' recreational diver". I plan to take nitrox and rescue eventually, but that'll probably be it. The last thing that I want is to let diving become a source of stress, rather than pleasure.

I proved to myself that I could dive recreationally, when I took two courses to pass OW. That was the only proving that I had to do... for some people that's nothing- for me it was everything! So, remember that we're all different and it's cool that we recognize what we really want and don't get in over our heads.

Donald has had a couple of thousand karate students go through his dojo over the years, and only has 12 blackbelts- his is not a commercial, quick-belt system. Therefore, his students are trained very well, at every level of expertise. I think this is what we should strive for- to be the best we can be, at the level that we care to achieve. Not everyone is meant to be a black belt, and not everyone is meant to be a tech diver. Have fun!

shaggie:
Neither, we were about 50ft closer to the water under the trees from you guys. There were two of us. We left about 4 or 5 pm (saturday). If you seen us, we were probably knocking back a couple of cold ones if we weren't in the water.

Nope then i wouldn't have seen you. I did not get there till 10PM Saturday night, you were long gone.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom