nicaragau diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tracydr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
North Carolina, 3 miles from South Carolina
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going to Costa Rica and Nicauragu on May 11th. Have referrals for dive operations in Costa Rica but wondering if anybody has ever dived Pacific Nicauragua? We are planning to spend our time on the beach, snorkeling, boogey boarding and hopefully diving.

Haven't dived Nicaragua, but just read an article on it as an add-on to Costa Rica trip. Infrastructure is supposed to be lacking, along with a long-term stable government and future stability.

Sounds good to me!

This is no help, is it?

sealskin98:
Haven't dived Nicaragua, but just read an article on it as an add-on to Costa Rica trip. Infrastructure is supposed to be lacking, along with a long-term stable government and future stability.

Sounds good to me!

This is no help, is it?
We're adding it onto our Costa Rica trip.Did the article say anything about the actual diving and if there are any dive companies? Where was this article?Understand infrastructure and govenment are lacking. Supposed to have the best surfing in the world. I don't surf but plan on renting/buying a boogie board. Also,taking my snorkel/mask and skin. If I can fit my wetsuit in my backpack I'll take it. Otherwise, I'll have to rent.

tracydr:
We're adding it onto our Costa Rica trip.Did the article say anything about the actual diving and if there are any dive companies? Where was this article?Understand infrastructure and govenment are lacking. Supposed to have the best surfing in the world. I don't surf but plan on renting/buying a boogie board. Also,taking my snorkel/mask and skin. If I can fit my wetsuit in my backpack I'll take it. Otherwise, I'll have to rent.
Found a PADI dive shop in San Juan del Sur. It's called A Bucear. Haven't heard back on my email yet. There is another PADI shop over on Little Coco island but we don't want to take the time to get to the Carribbean side on such a short trip.
Now, just wondering if anybody has ever dived in the Pacific of Nicaragua and what did they see? What were the conditions like?

The article was in the April issue of National Geographic Traveler, in the Smart Traveler department..."Nicaragua: the new Costa Rica?".

A quick google search (which I'm sure you've already done) turned up some sites for the Pacific side (looks like you've already found it) and the Caribbean side (which is too far for your trip), along with one about Lake Nicaragua.

Looks like you received better responses to your post in the South America forum than you'll probably get here.

Have fun on your trip, sounds great!

I am just wondering if you made your trip to Nicaragua and did you do any diving there. I was in the country about 15 years ago but didn't dive and never got south of Granada, although I saw many great beaches to the north.
Anyway I am thinking of going to San Juan del Sur in March and am trying to find info on diving there.
Stev

Back
Top Bottom