Niagra River Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey Irish will he have to walk all 6 blocks from your house to the dive entry? <laughing>

Seriously, that's a good offer. Thanks!

Randy43068:
hey Irish will he have to walk all 6 blocks from your house to the dive entry? <laughing>

Seriously, that's a good offer. Thanks!

Should'a seen the looks I got the one day my car wouldn't start, and I showed up to the dive site in a cab with all my gear. :D

Lil' Irish Temper:
Should'a seen the looks I got the one day my car wouldn't start, and I showed up to the dive site in a cab with all my gear. :D
that's dedication! I love it!!! :)

Seriouly, I would like do dive with you one of these days. I think the diving would be great and we'd have a blast after the dive.

Lil' Irish Temper:
I personally don't know the guy who did it, so that's pretty much where it ends for me.

If anybody ever gets up this way, and wants to do a little trash/drift diving on the Niagara.

Let me know, it's 6 blocks down to the river for me :D

I wish I had known you were up there Irish... I just did the Niagara drift this passed weekend. I would have gotten in touch. That way my buddy and I could have squeezed one more dive out of it........
Anyway. It was a great dive and the vis was easily 30 feet..... When I put my face in the water, I couldn't believe I was seeing the bottom!!
The only treasure I scored was a goody bag that someone on a previous dive had lost... it was rusty, but containted a bottle and a shaft cover for a boat motor....
Oh and I got exprience with Zebra mussles too.......lol

Next time, I'll get in touch prior to coming up that way........

Mad_diver

Mad_diver:
I wish I had known you were up there Irish... I just did the Niagara drift this passed weekend. I would have gotten in touch. That way my buddy and I could have squeezed one more dive out of it........
Anyway. It was a great dive and the vis was easily 30 feet..... When I put my face in the water, I couldn't believe I was seeing the bottom!!
The only treasure I scored was a goody bag that someone on a previous dive had lost... it was rusty, but containted a bottle and a shaft cover for a boat motor....
Oh and I got exprience with Zebra mussles too.......lol

Next time, I'll get in touch prior to coming up that way........

Mad_diver

Come on out guys, ScubaToneDog, Randy and Mad ! I found a old Packard 30-40's hubcap last trip, and a old Canadian beer bottle.

I'm going today so I'll give you a report of what junk I find today. :D

The viz wasn't very good at all, very green. 10-12 feet maybe.

The only thing I came up with yesterday was a glass bottle marked Duraglas 1959

I found a spot of one of the worst battles of 1812 in the river so one of these days soon I will be taking my 2 BIG Craftsman screwdrivers, and go into the river and stay in one place and look. Lots o' goodies there I'm sure. :D

Plus this spot is right off the shore.

...Im thinking that is what it needs to be as well...as stupid as this sounds, after researching it for three weeks I came to that conclusion from the opening credits on the TV show Crossing Jordan...Thank you, and everyone for the replies....

My weekly score,

The bottle is from the Larkin Soap company (circa 1880's) and are quite common to find, I also found a Russel Wright plate from the 1930's but it's chipped :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom