NHL Strike

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elevatorguy2:
Watch for an offer to come from the NHLPA this Thursday. Chances are it won’t be that much of a change from their previous position. Heard from one of Betmans’ mouthpieces today that the league is willing to discuss everything that comes forward. I’ve also noticed lately that the rhetoric coming out of the NHL offices has been toned down.
Something else to consider is the value of the Canadian dollar. As it continues to rise some of the poorer Canadian teams are missing out on an opportunity to, if not move solidly into the black at least move a lot closer to breaking even. A position they haven’t been in for a very long time. Will we have hockey this season? The next week or two should hold the answers.

To paraphrase Jonny Cochran:

Without a cap, they ain't got crap...

Possibly a good sign was that some of the American players who were playing in Europe did not go back after Thanksgiving. That info was from someone employed by an NHL team.

Sorry for jumping into the conversation so late, I just found it. I love hockey and miss it a lot. But, out here in CA, not too many people support it the way they should. It's wierd, it's like a status thing and only if they're playing well. You never see fans walking out of Joe Louis Arena early, do you? I mean after all what does it say about the potential crowd you're targeting when you name a team "Mighty Ducks." Stupid! Anyway, I've been getting my hockey fix by supporting USC's college team. They play locally and they play hard.

Well, that SUX massively. What on earth will it take.... I want my games!

sharkdiver00:
Well, that SUX massively. What on earth will it take.... I want my games!
No, we need that cap. I'm willing to sit out a season or two if I have to. I'm a Flames fan. There was no bs when Bettman said small market teams would have no future without a cap. This is bigger than the profits for any of those teams. The future of hockey in my country depends on it. If we lost edmonton, calgary, ottawa and eventually maybe even vancouver, the sport will eventually drop off the map here. We'd be losing part of our culture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom