Next step to a perfect LED-system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbsub

Contributor
Reaction score
Good news for friends of DIR diving.

All our LED canister systems are now available with a switchable canister version with e/o connection.
With this step are our canister with the unique Lithium-Manganese batteries accessible for friends of DIR diving.
The new canister version is usable for all 12V light heads and heating vests.
Battery: 12,6V - 9,6Ah LiMn
mb-sub.com: switchable battery canister

Michael

I can clearly see that you have copied the Light For Me canister design (pretty much dimensions, especially rotating switch type).
For comparison: Light For Me site: AKU EO
USA Distributor Site: Light For Me - 10Ah Canister Battery with E/O connector

Photo - Light For Me - 10Ah E/O Canister Battery

aku3.jpgaku2.jpgaku4.jpg7xpeEO.jpg

Sorry, but if you would really see clearly, you would see that this canister design (with exactly this dimensions) we have for several years, only the switch is similary.

But latest with the technical details stops the apparent resemblance:

we use with LiMn-batteries much better batteries than NiMh.

Michael

I really don't understand why you persist in trying to market these as "DIR". Further proof that the term has become somewhat meaningless.

Sorry, but if you would really see clearly, you would see that this canister design (with exactly this dimensions) we have for several years, only the switch is similary.

But latest with the technical details stops the apparent resemblance:

we use with LiMn-batteries much better batteries than NiMh.

Michael

Well, if we would like to sell any different then NiMh existing on the market type of battery we would have it next day BUT we have seen what possibly could happen with Li based batteries when in direct contact with water (shortly saying: kaboom !) and unless they will be 101% safe for our users we will not use them. Nimh battery is 101% safe in any conditions and so are our users.

Sebastian / TecDiveGear.com

Hi Sebastian,

again you have delivered the proof that you have only a small knowledge of technology.
Evidently you don´t know the difference between the normal used Lithium-Cobalt and Lithium-Manganese batteries.
If I remember correctly, I've said that you before.:dork2:

The problems are existing only with Lithium-Cobald and Lithium-Polymer batteries.
You are right its too dangerous to use these type of batteries.

Lithium-Manganese is really safe and contact with water or salt water has no high reaction for result.

Btw, each manufacturer of NiMh-batteries prohibit the use NiMh batteries in enclosed housing.
The risk for hydrogen gas is too big.
This point i want to say about your 101% safity:no::no:

Michael

Well ... practical question :coffee:
The new canister version is usable for all 12V light heads and heating vests.

How you do that with single EO conector ? .... Plug in Y EO connector in that case you have 3 weaken points , then cable length ?

Much more simple were to add another shorted EO plug with possibility to block it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIVE LIGHTING LIBRARY http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?127-Dive-Lighting :meeting:

@ Lucca brassi

Most of our clients use a separate canister for heating and one for light. If the canister is for both they use an "Y" connector.
Our clients asked us for exactly this solution we made.

Michael

Light is light and then you're full of it

Back
Top Bottom