Next Petrel 2 firmware?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

When do you plan to port the Perdix compass improvements to the Petrel 2? Because they seem to be very attractive..

Forgive me for not noticing, but what improvements does the Perdix have that the Petrel 2 does not? I know it has a better battery life, and screen resolution but I doubt either of those can be improved with a firmware update.

Reactions: Jax
Forgive me for not noticing, but what improvements does the Perdix have that the Petrel 2 does not? I know it has a better battery life, and screen resolution but I doubt either of those can be improved with a firmware update.

Thank you! My question as well!

It is our intention to keep firmware versions of Petrels and Perdix aligned. V33 (which is coming) for the Petrel will include features already included in the Perdix such as improvements to the compass, a new 'Cave' brightness setting and a bug fix in the dive planner, just to name a few. V33 release notes for the Perdix can be found on our website.

The most noticeable differences between the 2 models is that the Perdix is thinner and more contoured than the Petrel. We have no plans to discontinue the Petrel and sales continue to be strong for that model.

that goes slightly against what I have recently heard from a few dealers... They have indicated that the Petrel 2 SA will no longer be available, though the EXT and Divecan versions will. Not that that is a bad thing, it is actually a good thing, especially for you guys, but just what I have heard.

that goes slightly against what I have recently heard from a few dealers... They have indicated that the Petrel 2 SA will no longer be available, though the EXT and Divecan versions will. Not that that is a bad thing, it is actually a good thing, especially for you guys, but just what I have heard.
Whoever has told you this is mistaken. We have never told any dealer that the Petrel 2 SA will be discontinued and we have no plans to do so.

Whoever has told you this is mistaken. We have never told any dealer that the Petrel 2 SA will be discontinued and we have no plans to do so.

Hear, hear!!! I also recall that Shearwater bought up all the parts for the Predator and will continue to support them as long as possible.

No orphans from Shearwater.

I know I've sung praises of my petrels before, but I can't help to again say what amazing dive computers they are. I love both of them and your customer service whenever I've had issues has been beyond exceptional. So long as I'm diving I'll always have shearwater computers.

Back
Top Bottom