Petrel 2 problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

207diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My petrel 2 is becoming increasingly harder to turn on using the buttons you have to push REALLY hard. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a simple remedy or will it require repair?

My petrel 2 is becoming increasingly harder to turn on using the buttons you have to push REALLY hard. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a simple remedy or will it require repair?
I’d send it to repair earlier rather than later, I have not seen people complaining about that.

I've had this problem, but not on the Petrel2. Maybe on an old Predator. Send it for service.

I had exactly this problem. Service took care of it quickly.

Never had the problem with my Predator, Petrel one, Petrel or Petrel 2.

Looks like it's a common issue.

Looks like it's a common issue.

Yeah, I sent it in for repair, unfortunately the real issue is the USPS losing it…. It’s been almost a month and the tracking still says “moving through network”. Looks like it may be time for a new computer…..

Yeah, I sent it in for repair, unfortunately the real issue is the USPS losing it…. It’s been almost a month and the tracking still says “moving through network”. Looks like it may be time for a new computer…..
Wow, that sucks. I hope you get it back or at least some money from USPS.

Hope you insured it

Back
Top Bottom