nex 5 w/ nikonos 15 mm lens u/w video of Key West snapper spawn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Md Spear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Snapper Spawning on Vimeo
link to snapper snippet ,no editing, available lite,50fsw . I finally got to shoot last week in Key West. my sony nex 5 is in a nauticam housing w/ the nikonos adtper and my old 15 mm nikonos lens . sweet...........wide angle video point and shoot. I just set the 15mm lens to f 8 and put the infinity icon[sideways figure 8 ] on the max red field of view pointer so every thing from infinity to 1.5 foot was in focus and the sony nex 5 does the iso automatically on video. the nex 5 can do low lite w/ sensor going to12,500. thats what attracked me to it when the nauticam using nikonos lens became available.

this time of year the gray snapper spawn in schools of 1000s offshore Key West about 12 miles west on the coral outcropping atop of the seamount. and while I have lotta nice stills of the spawn , nothing coveys the enormity ofthe schooling like the video shoot. vis on the reef line was milky that day so we went offshore . Even offshore ,the vis that day was still not stellar , a cloudy blue water 40-60 feet of horizontal vis . In the video the vis looks better than it actually was that day. While not new to film , this is my 1st ever video work. man am I pleased w/ the tool selection. even I can get good stuff. Will post more snippets from the trip as I get time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom