News Clip Showing LCBR Renovations and Future CB and LC Expansions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being forced to make another stop might not completely stop me from going to LC but would discourage me. What they ought to do is offer that package more often where you do both islands and they transfer you on the dive boat. Or better yet make just the transfer available every Saturday and with flexible stays. I think there are many fewer people diving Saturdays anyway. I would love to do that but the limited dates never line up with our schedule.

Whatever happened to Island Air? I thought they were still around and did charters. If they’re still around what stops them from jumping in? (Maybe whatever stopped them from doing scheduled service to begin with?) Maybe the invasion should charter them...

While Saturday is usually the day everyone comes and goes, folks may want to start considering maybe going from Friday to Friday or Sunday to Sunday. Another option is arriving on Friday to GC, spending the night at a local hotel, and then grabbing one of the early flights to LC. They are typically wide open.
I’m all for flying other days myself. (And even more for going for more than a week :). For the folks stuck flying popular days for whatever reason, they have this problem on both ends though. The morning flights out of LC get filled with people who want to make the midday flights out of Grand. Easy to catch an afternoon flight out of LC but that usually would mean another hotel night on Grand on the way out, which some people won’t go for.

We have mostly just started flying in and out on Fridays lately. Much easier than dealing with the whole mess in the airport on Saturdays. Rarely have trouble getting the morning flights we want from LC to GC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom