Newly Certified Today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FaithC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Feels great to accomplish this. Already have plans to go on a local dive in 2 weeks with the LDS. So happy!!

Good show. And good you will start in asap. Enjoy and practise those skills.

Feels great to accomplish this. Already have plans to go on a local dive in 2 weeks with the LDS. So happy!!

Good deal man, congratulations!! Make sure to share your adventures with us on Scuba Board! :)

On a much more somber note - statistics show that 80% of dive accidents occur within the first 20 dives. There have been other threads on here saying that divers don't feel comfortable until about 12 or so dives. I'm mentioning this not to scare you; but as a new, excited diver to be careful and go slow. Think of diving like riding a skateboard. You just learned how to ride so hold off on the "kick-flips." Don't be afraid to speak up and tell the boat captain that you are a new diver, and ask to dive with someone more experience than you. As an instructor, I have A LOT of respect when someone asks to dive with me because they are new. Take this from someone who has been to the chamber before. Safety comes first and having fun is a close second :wink:. Happy diving!

Thanks for the advice. I'm keeping my first dives local and with the LDS that trained me. When I go down to FL this fall, I plan to hire a DM to be my buddy, and will surely let the Dive Op know. Taking this slow and safe. Safety is my #1 priority.

Congratulations! Be safe and have fun!

Congratulations :). Nothing beats that feeling of accomplishment! Completed my advanced open water yestersay with peak performance buoyancy specialty. The buoyancy course will do loads for your diving as will the advanced. 

Back
Top Bottom