Newly certified, looking for a buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I finally got certified in Marathon the last weekend in JUly and am looking for a buddy to dive with in the area. I live in south Jersey 45 mins from Philly & 35 from AC. Anybody have any suggestions? My LDS in Northfield has been great, but not many people there seeming to need a buddy, esp a newbie. :D

polerin312:
I finally got certified in Marathon the last weekend in JUly and am looking for a buddy to dive with in the area. I live in south Jersey 45 mins from Philly & 35 from AC. Anybody have any suggestions? My LDS in Northfield has been great, but not many people there seeming to need a buddy, esp a newbie. :D
You're not all that far from Northeast Scuba Supply in Norristown, PA. Some Saturday when you're bored, take a drive over and say hello to John there.
http://www.northeastscubasupply.com/

If you aren't busy tomorrow (Sunday) come out to Dutch Springs in Bethelham PA. There will be a ton of us there and we dive with anybody reguardless of their training level. We are on the peninsula side, on the top of the hill. Look for 3 tents and a big white screen room right near the toilets, that's us. Also, try www.wreckvalley.com/forum. A lot of our planning is done over there. Hope to see you in the water soon.

Hi Erin,

I think I've been in that dive shop last year in Northfield. I talked to Chuck and a woman (DM or Instructor). He was showing me pictures from the wreck dives and I couldn't believe the viz.

Ditto what Jonny R. says. They treated me really great and it's the best group of guys I've dove with so far. I did my 20th dive with Jonny and two other guys. Tons of experience there, and I learned a few interesting things the short time I was with them. They make you feel right at home from the instant you walk into camp.

I usually don't camp up there, but am half an hour away. It's good to post here at at Wreck Valley. There's almost always someone that's going to be up there.

I've been down to NE Scuba Supply, as well. More technical stuff, and John has got widgets that probably no one else carries. I bought a box of assorted O-rings for about three bucks and I couldn't find them at the other shops. I would have had to buy a $40 Save A Dive trip.

Anyway, give me a holler if you need a partner!

Jack (Spratman)

jbliesath:
Ditto what Jonny R. says. They treated me really great and it's the best group of guys I've dove with so far. I did my 20th dive with Jonny and two other guys. Tons of experience there, and I learned a few interesting things the short time I was with them. They make you feel right at home from the instant you walk into camp.

Anyway, give me a holler if you need a partner!

Jack (Spratman)
My prob with Dutch is the temps. I only have a shortie, and due to me being vertically challenged, I can't find a full suit that fits right, nor do I have the funds to get one made. It wasn't a prob in the Keys (obviously) when the water was 86 degrees at 40'. So, I am kinda stuck at the moment. :banghead: Thanks tho!!

This past Sunday I did a 45 minute dive at Dutch along the North wall in my 2ml shorty (I was trimming out my travel rig) As long as I stayed above 35' I was nice and toasty. Once I dropped below the thermocline I got cold though. At that 35' or less you could easily do the plane, firetruck, or a good bit of the student side and still be comfortable. It would sure beat not being able to get wet at all. :D

hambleto:
This past Sunday I did a 45 minute dive at Dutch along the North wall in my 2ml shorty (I was trimming out my travel rig) As long as I stayed above 35' I was nice and toasty. Once I dropped below the thermocline I got cold though. At that 35' or less you could easily do the plane, firetruck, or a good bit of the student side and still be comfortable. It would sure beat not being able to get wet at all. :D
:hm: hmmmm. My son comes home Sunday, but Sat might be doable for a day trip... have to think about it. Thanks for the info!

Why don't you make plans to come chill with us Labor Day weekend. Ben (hambleto), myself, and a couple of the guys in the club are going to be making a weekend out if it. Though I don't use NE Scuba Supply, I do have to admit they have a wide variety of gear, and their prices are excellent. Give John a call, he may be able to help you out with a wetsuit.

I have a family gathering that weekend. My grandfather's 80th birthday party

Back
Top Bottom