Newly Certified in St. Paul MN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Samuel Self

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm new and in the process of picking our gear and whatnot. Lots to choose from.

Got my PADI Open Water cert this last Sunday.

Congrats on getting certified! Welcome to SB and to scuba diving.
Dive safe.

Thanks! I'm in the process of reading the forums here regarding masks, BCs, and so on. Right now I have a Cressi Liberty Triside mask that leaks sometimes. Odds are it's just not a perfect fit to my face.

I'm considering:
Cressi Big Eye Evolution mask
Mares Hybrid AT BC
Sharkskin skin diving suit to wear under a wetsuit

Not sure on regulator and stuff yet
I don't use fins because I'm a paraplegic. I do really like Darkfin gloves though.

My goal is to have things readily accessible to me without needless fumbling. I need to keep my hands free for movement as much as possible while diving, otherwise I tend to be at the mercy of which direction the water is moving at any given time.

Oceanic had a HUD mask that they no longer produce. Compass, air pressure, etc, all as a display in your mask. That would be great ... if it were still around and/or of any quality. Even just a compass as a HUD in the mask would be game changing for me.

Welcome to ScubaBoard Samuel and congratulation on your certification. This is a wonderful forum for learning the many aspects of diving. Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom