Newish Henderson 3mm wetsuit unraveling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LoveFiji

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Henderson 3MM women's wetsuit that I got around December 2022. I love it, and have taken it on maybe 4 week-long or longer trips since. I just got it out for an upcoming trip, and found some seams are unraveling, and one seam seal is coming off. I got this suit new as a warranty replacement for the same suit where the seam below the zipper had come apart after only 3 years. The wetsuit is not too tight, and is thoroughly rinsed and dried after each trip. Anyone else have this problem with Henderson? Should I repair or discard this wetsuit?

Pictures would help us quite a bit. If the suit still fits then you may be able to glue and sew the seams back together.

The black threads coming out of black neoprene don't photograph very well. The oval seam seal is pretty standard. I could try to repair it myself, try to find the best adhesive for the seal, but is worth it for this suit? If others have had trouble then I won't. I bought Henderson because I thought was good quality, was told to avoid O'Neill, but I'm dusting off my 20+ year old 5mm Akona for my upcoming trip - it is still in excellent shape.

Singe the threads to prevent them from unraveling more. Aquaseal is designed to glue that stuff. A picture of the area is what I meant because some seams could be more bothersome than others.

Hi, I have a Henderson 3MM women's wetsuit that I got around December 2022. I love it, and have taken it on maybe 4 week-long or longer trips since. I just got it out for an upcoming trip, and found some seams are unraveling, and one seam seal is coming off. I got this suit new as a warranty replacement for the same suit where the seam below the zipper had come apart after only 3 years. The wetsuit is not too tight, and is thoroughly rinsed and dried after each trip. Anyone else have this problem with Henderson? Should I repair or discard this wetsuit?
Sent my Henderson aqualock in for repair two months ago and still don’t have it.

We had the same with our 1.5 mm suits but our 3mm have stood up better. I would love another 1.5mm. No longer make em.

Left kneepad seam on my 3mm Thermaxx opened up after some 30-35 dives (some 1-1/2" or so). Emailed them, got RMA #. Mailed it to Henderson (had to pay shipping), waited about 6 weeks or so, then all of a sudden they fixed it and shipped back to me (they paid shipping). No email replies, no explanation, no apologies. Love that wetsuit, but heard of too many issues with seams in particular.
In the meantime got myself a 3mm Probe wetsuit, love it even more.

I owned Henderson aqua lock, body glove and scuba pro 7 mm suits. They all are slow drying inside and out. Henderson 7 mm still takes hours to dry in warm dry temps when hung inside out and outside in. Henderson started coming apart after 7 dives over ten months. Seams and cuffs are not all liquid glued and taped inside and out.
I sent it in and they sent me new one about 7 weeks later. Maybe other Henderson suits are better but aqualock is not worth the money and not warmer then other 7 mm wetsuits. I still need a hooded vest, thick boots and gloves in 65 f water. Just buy a perfect fitting comfy suit that’s durable. It’s not reasonable to need to own two 500-700 dollar wetsuits to alternate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom