Newbie Wetsuit Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jplflyer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Okay, semi-newbie here. My Lady just got certified. We're heading to Sydney Australia over Christmas and I want to get her a gift. Is a wetsuit a bad idea? (I'll get her something small and shiny too.) What's the chance I can get one that is going to fit properly?

From what I can tell, diving in Sydney would suggest a 5mm suit. Comments? We live in Minnesota so I suspect a 5mm suit would also suffice for diving the lakes here in the summer.

Next, what should such a suit really cost? I see such a wide variety of prices. Is a $150 wetsuit a waste of money for some reason?

Thanks.

After watching my GF spend HOURS online (LDS is over an hour away and only carries one brand) looking for a her wet and how different charts and brands measure different I would never dare try to pick one out. My GF is very laid back low maintenance.

You could always look at wet suites with her and have here "pick one out" saying that at some point she needs one. Then order after she figures out what she needs/wants.

Of course you could always just tell her you want to buy her one and get her to pick it out.

i think for first time diving just find normal price for wetsuits and not to take much money on that. If your gf really love diving, you can find some super stretchable material made wetsuit, it fit for each size of body shape.

Price is huge different in different brand.

About 5mm wetsuit, may attention the zipper and easy to take on&off better.

QUOTE=jplflyer;6129157]Okay, semi-newbie here. My Lady just got certified. We're heading to Sydney Australia over Christmas and I want to get her a gift. Is a wetsuit a bad idea? (I'll get her something small and shiny too.) What's the chance I can get one that is going to fit properly?

From what I can tell, diving in Sydney would suggest a 5mm suit. Comments? We live in Minnesota so I suspect a 5mm suit would also suffice for diving the lakes here in the summer.

Next, what should such a suit really cost? I see such a wide variety of prices. Is a $150 wetsuit a waste of money for some reason?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom