Newbie To Wetsuits - Which Is Better Xcel, Aqualung, or O'Neil?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look at neosport. They are Henderson's base model. I got the xspxan in 3xl and the measurements said it would not fit and let me tell you I got it in 7mm and its 7mm and is easy to get in and out and it and fits great and very little water gets in. It was like 160 on Amazon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I like my aqualung 3m. At first the neck seemed tight but it stretched after a couple of dives. I don't know the other brands. I prefer aqualung over the scubapro suits though.

Echo suit is almost all about fit and little else. Be careful ordering online unless you have a "standard" body type you may have difficulty. I have to get my suits custom made as nothing off the shelf has ever fitted properly. Good luck.

Most wetsuits come in a boatload of sizes to fit many body types. Often they come in ...S-SS-ST-M-MS-MT-L-LS-LT... and start with XS and may go to XXXL. With that many sizes fitting is available off the rack for most body types. Most online merchants also have a fit guarantee so that allows folks to exchange a suit for another size if necessary. Be aware of what a store stocks as many stores do not stock all sizes that a manufacture makes. Take your measurements as in measure yourself as wearing a size 34 Waist does not mean that your waist size measures a true 34. Also there are many measurements that we generally do not use much when buying clothing like a neck measurement. Get a clothing measuring tape if necessary.

Wetsuits also stretch. I find for a 3mm thick or less suit buy a bit small if your between sizes. For heavy suits sizing becomes more important as too small is very difficult to get on and too large will result in heat loss. Wetsuits can be tailored just find a seamstress if you do not sew. A Custom suit is also an option but that generally runs more.

What reason are you limiting your brand choices if ordering online? Seems you are limiting your options for no reason. For example Bare is widely available but it is not on your list.

Although this thread is a year and a half old, I am going to resurrect it to add my two cents for the benefit of anyone else who may happen upon it.

There is a lot of good advice on this thread. Seeing that you are unable to try a suit on for fit, you will want to ensure that both the online store you buy your equipment from has a satisfaction guarantee, or at least the manufacturer does.

When shopping online, you will also want to ensure that the online shop is an authorized dealer of the manufacturer. There are online stores that sell items that the manufacturer will not honor the warranty if you buy them from them.

Talking about warranty, when I buy something I want to get the best bang for the buck as to say. I want a product good in quality that also has a good quality warranty, and all for a good price.

I myself personally prefer Bare; this manufacturer produces good quality items for a good price and offers a 2 year warranty. Waterproof also is good quality and also has a 2 year warranty, and Aqualung has good quality and offers a 1 year warranty.

Back
Top Bottom