newbie...tanks tanks tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes,
I'm 14lbs heavy in Fresh water. If I'm in Salt water. Since it's density is greater. I'd need more weight to be neutral at the surface. Which would go on a weight belt.

I usually dive a drysuit though. It's cold here where I live. Only use a wetsuit for shallow dives or Vacation in Carribean.

Faber HP's are notorius for being heavy. But there are others out there that aren't much heavier then the 72's. I wanted them heavy. So I don't have to wear a weight belt. I can swim it up easy when full. Always carry a reel and bag with me too. But it's not for everyone for sure. But wearing 14lbs ditchable on a weight belt ain't great either. I don't want to go ballistic if I need to drop it. I want a slow acent. And Steels with a wetsuit isn't DIR. So I don't go all the way there with them either....

You're right though. Dive what you feel comfortable using. I'd hate to use dual AL100's Just tanks and bands on the boat would be around 90lbs..... Ouch.....:) But some people love them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom