Newbie Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

warren_l:
If you can, put the weight in a baggie. I did it once without a baggie and though there was no water in the weight pouch, there was a bit of dust that came out. Not a big issue, but just a bit of a hassle nonetheless.

Another good suggestion and you're right, the led shot does tend to leave little oxidation piles. So we have 1 lb soft weight, in a baggie, wrapped by TP...

Dee:
Oh, and don't forget to use some dessicant for the condensation, if there's any.

I know this is off topic, but I just got my pt-015 (actually, I've had it for awhile, but haven't gotten to feel comfortable enough with the camera yet to bring it underwater until now) and was wondering where you get more dessicant when the 5 that came with the housing are gone? Does anyone have a link to where they get this? (I've already done a search and not found any good links). I work in a pharmacy on weekends - all drugs come with dessicant packs in the bottles, is it ok to use those in my camera, or are there certain kinds that should be used with cameras? This is all very overwhelming to me....
Thanks!

saf_25:
Does anyone have a link to where they get this? (I've already done a search and not found any good links). I work in a pharmacy on weekends - all drugs come with dessicant packs in the bottles, is it ok to use those in my camera, or are there certain kinds that should be used with cameras?

As I understand it, many people get packs of dessicant from shoe stores so I assume the ones you have would be fine. If you want the Oly stuff you can order it direct from Olympus on their website.

Never mind - ignore my previous post. I just realized I spelled "dessicant" wrong in my earlier search. Tried it again and found lots of stuff with a good link. Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom