Newbie Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here's a few of my newbie pics I've taken so far. I used a Sony DSCP5 camera with the Sony MPKP5 Marine Pack housing. These were taken using the built in flash only in lakes at depths of around 20 to 40 ft deep. Viz was around 10 to 20 ft.
My Pics

I love those spooky trees!

Cool stuff.
Is the viz better when the water is colder?

Originally posted by Divesherpa
Cool stuff.
Is the viz better when the water is colder?
Yes it is actually. In the shallows, say 15 ft deep and less the water temp is in the upper 60's to low 70's with lots of vegetation and the viz sucks. Down about 30 to 40 ft deep the water temp is still only 55 degrees here and the viz is good.

Every picture on my webpage was taken with the DSC-P5. My buddies have them but I'm going to purchase one soon. Where did you get yours and how much if I may ask?

Here's by far my favorite picture taken on one of our dives. It's a picture of one of our Marshallese dive buddies...

This is a photo of my buddy using his DSC-P5 to take the picture that will follow this post. This picture is also taken with a DSC-P5. Notice the difference in quality. I believe this is due to the flash being used in this photo, whereas my buddy who took the pictures before and after this post does not use his flash. I hope this is the case and it is not poor quality control by Sony.

Lon - nice work with the Sony. Isn't digital wonderful? Now we'll get a load of film fans pointing out that it isn't really photography!

But all I know is that when I consulted a leading supplier to the professional underwater film industry, (www.oceanoptics.co.uk)they advised me to go digital.

I have been delighted with results so far from an Olympus Camedia and matching housing. I have to say, even having taken the empty housing down for a leak test, the first dive with the camera in place was nerve-wracking.

I just look forward, as I'm sure you do, to getting some diving in warm, clear water with more colourful subjects. (Yes, Dee, we envy you greatly!)

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom