Newbie needing Instructor in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elite Travel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

I'm in desperate need of a Dive Master in Texas. I had arrangements with a local dive company to get my certification completed before we left on our cruise in Dec. They called yesterday & said that they had made a mistake & wouldn't have time to get my OW dives in. I'm taking the online portion now & will do the confined dives tomorrow. Is there a Dive Master (preferrably around Lubbock) in Texas or New Mexico that would be willing to do my OW dives & not charge me a fortune? Any & all help would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy

what agency?

Not sure about other agencies, but with PADI, you will need an instructor to complete your OW dives and get you your certification, rather than a divemaster.

Oh OK. My apologies!! It is an instructor that I need. It is a PADI course.

Last edited:
In houston I can Recommend Maximum Scuba, they will take care of it for you, call and ask for Jeff. it will take at least 2 days though because you have to do 4 and can only do 3 in one day.

You could probably search for another PADI instructor or shop on their website to locate someone or if the LDS is cool you could tell them your scenario and see if they could refer you to another instructor close to finish up.

Go to Find a dive shop, scuba diving shop, dive resort or scuba dive shop and search for "Lubbock, TX". There are two PADI shops in Lubbock. If you zoom out you can find a couple more, one in Midland, TX. Another in Roswell, NM. There are around a dozen in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

The list will give you their phone number so you can call and see what can be arranged.

I could complete your certification dives during the cruise. I know it is short notice, but I could make the sacrafice and be ready to go in a day or two. :D I have a passport ready to go so all you have to do is pay for my cruise.

Back
Top Bottom