Newbie In East Timor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, hows things. So what are you up to in Timor. My next door neighbour is a army medic working up there at the mo. Lots of my mates have done there "tour of duty" as well.

Got wet again yesterday... A normal Timor Dives - walls, white tip reef sharks, barracuda, giant clams sand eels. All in two dives. Was hoping for a whale shark - but no luck this time. Will have to try again next weekend! It's the season for them.

Navy Medic Chic - Where's your friend at? Drop me a line and I'll see what I can do. Does your friend dive? Have a set system here - dive on Saturday, Hash on Sunday. I'm at the dili heliport. Was in Suai for 14 months. Now I'm living the life of luxury!! Well, by "Timor Standards" anyway!

Got To Love It,
Scott

Welcome to the board from....hey.....Asia! Will they deport me if I came round?

Good luck with AOW!:)

Welcome to the boards. Suai??? You must have been surrounded by Kiwi soldiers. Our largest contingient of soldiers have been based there. I did my IDC with a guy from HMNZS Canterbury and recently dived Tonga with another guy who did 2 tours there at Suai. He just finished up Instructing over in Tonga. Are you there as part of the rebuiding process or are you covering the 3rd SQN at the airport? Their Sqn leader is from my home town and is best friend of one of my best mates.
Seen the Haka yet?
I bet the diving there is pretty cool.
Cheers Big Ears,
The Gasman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom