Newbie from down under

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All. Thought I'd join the forum to learn as much as possible. I've been OW certified since October 2011, but I'll admit that after around 20 dives in total, I'm still as green as can be.

I've done lots of shore dives around Port Phillip Bay, some cray diving around Peterborough and a few dives in fresh water at Mt Gambier. I also did the GBR in November, which was a blast - the ear infection afterwards was not fun, so I'm pretty pedantic about drying my ear canals out after that nasty experience. It hurt like hell and I thought I was going to lose my hearing - all seems well now, but I'll be very careful about my ears from here on in.

I'm touring around India at the moment, up in Rajasthan - not much diving here - but following this I'll be heading to Koh Tao in Thailand and would like some feedback from anyone who has been there. I plan on doing some cruisy dives to get back into the groove, then my advanced OW; however I am not comfortable doing the 30m dive at this point, so that component will have to wait until I return home to Australia. I'm still not 100% comfortable at depth and find the idea of nitrogen narcosis a little frightening. I may do the stress/rescue, navigation, night diving, etc and perhaps nitrox if it's appropriate.

Anyway, hope you're all well :)

That ear experience indeed sounds nasty, but good all is well now!

I've barely just hatched from the scuba-egg so can't really help you, so just a quick hello 'n welcome :) Enjoy your trip!

More Australians the better! Welcome, you will find a wealth of advice about those places in the travel section. Enjoy your holiday :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom