Newbie Alert!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A big Texas HOWDY!!! from me and the rest of the NDI Texas Swamp Diving Team.

One of the other really neat things about this board is now you have dive buddies in just about every place you might travel to for diving. Just like we'll be looking you up when we travel to Hawaii.

Glad to have you here!

Three points about your post.

1) Don't worry about questions. Everyone around here will just be tickled to help out. (Of course, they all want a place to stay in Hawaii) And any question that saves you pain, time, money, or friends by defininiton aint a dumb question

2) Don't worry about finding a dive buddy - If you can maintain your enthusiasm about learning, the good ones will stick around quite happily. Please remember that the important thing is not to find a buddy but to keep them (especially during the dive itself :D)

3) Golf is a perfectly acceptable Surface Interval activity. (and you can sneak into the course at night, dive the water hazards and get enough balls to last the year :D)

Welcome to the board. Post often!

Chepar,
Welcome from NJ!
As many of the others have said, congratulations on the OW, love the enthusiasm, and never hesitate to ask a question. This Board is just the place for that kind of thing- as well as some pretty weird humor (thank goodness!). We have many experts in every area of diving (just ask them they'll tell you!!) and lots of good people with much experience,eager to help out. That's one of the fun things about diving- the sharing of info with others-regardless of the experience levels.Good luck, and welcome again,
Miked

The thumb is down that means "start you're timers we're going down!" Hey, thumbs up signals the end of a dive and that's a bad thing right?!

Welcome to the wonderful world of diving! You might not believe it but one day you too will look upon the wondering countenance of a new diver and explain to them the many things you know about diving!

Will look forward to your questions, I'm working on my instructor certification and OW is my favorite class to work with. Since I only help with one class per quarter at school I need someone to practice on! HEHEHEHE! :doctor:

You'll like the people here, everyone is friendly and helpful! I just found out if you have any fish questions direct them to Syruss, he knows WAY too much about things that are fishy!

Any time you're in Ohio look me up, I'll be happy to show you the finest quarry Ohio has to offer!

Safe diving to you!

Ber :bunny:

and a Warm welcome from ARIZONA the all beach no ocean state

I must say that this is a few hours late in getting to you but nothing

Your questions asked here will get answers some are even correct but all are honest humorous and thought provoking

ps Hawaii is on the way to Guam I would like a dive buddy in Hawaii qualifications is that you are certified as a diver. Which Island do you live on?

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes. This has definitely become my favorite "scuba site" - lots of friendly advice by the "been there, done that" crowd - something I can definitely use!

Fishkiller - I live on Oahu, am VERY recently certified (as in this past weekend) - but hope to get more experience in the coming months. Am kind of unfamiliar with the local dive sites, but the good thing about Hawaii is that dive charters abound. Am planning to go on a few to get a greater familiarity of local sites. If you'll be in Honolulu and are interested, let me know. If you can put up with a newbie, I'm more than game.

Here is yet another welcome... from the Pacific NorthWest.

I'm sorta like you but I'm a little behind ya. I am in the middle of my OW classes here in Oregon and just got done with the Dry Suit class. My wife and I are looking to go to Kauai in April. I find this board EXTREMELY useful when it comes to anything having to do with diving. Dive Charters, locations, equipment, theory, just about anything gets some answer here.

Anyhow, welcome and above all, HAVE FUN!!

-={|DIVE ON|}=-

CONGRATULATIONS!

Now let's get wet.

Keep the questions coming. If you don't ask, how will you know?

Another way to find dive buddies is to take the Advanced class. It's a great way to get some experience. also I'm sure if you invite us, we will all come to HI to be your buddies. he he

I've just taken up golf. It's difficult and frustrating, but our course has great views of the island and the ocean. And then there is always the bar cart.

Glad to have you here.

There is always room for another "Newbie" after all that is how we get "Oldbies."

Contrary to popular belief even Walter was a "Newbie" at one time. I think back in the early 20's.

ID

BYW, welcome to the best SI on the planet and welcome from the "Diving Mecca of the Freeworld" - Oklahoma

And a better-late-than-never welcome from gorgeously sunny and cool Thailand (sorry, Jimbo!).

Congrats on your OW certification - I know exactly how you feel... there's a whole new world out there to be discovered and this is one place on the 'Net that will help you do that.

HOpe to see a lot of you, Chepar...

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom