Newbe from Ft. lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Syd01us

Reaction score
Just got certified...female from lauderdale..looking to meet others..but kinda nervous. I don't have any freinds that dive. Took the course with my daughter..but she gave it up. Syd

Ft. Lauderdale and the keys are some of the best diving in the US! Welcome to the board ... the folks here can be a lot of help.

I felt the same way as a new diver, and had trouble meeting dive buddies. What really helped me was:
1) Taking additional classes ... some of my best dive buddies I met taking classes.
2) Joining an active dive club, ideally affiliated with a dive shop you like
3) Taking a trip with a group of folks from the LDS
4) Using the folks at the LDS for referrals on dive buddies

I think that a number of the folks on this board are from the Ft. Lauderdale area as well. Perhaps you could check out some of their profiles and sent them an IM.

Diving is a wonderful sport ... you'll be glad you stuck with it!

Phil

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Ask anything - in the appropriate forum, and we'll make up an answer...

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile, as suggested here: http://www.scubaboard.com/t60416.html I update mine after every trip.

:D

Welcome to the board. Be sure to check out the Florida Conch Divers forum. We're always organizing dives and we're always looking for new buddies to join us.

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom