New Year's Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it was cold! But not as bad as you'd think. And no, no pictures, when one does something that could be considered, well, insane, it's best not to have photographic evidence, there were witness tho.
Since there are no pictures, no one can ever prove it happened :)

No, bathing suit, gloves, boots, mask, fins, bp/w. You know, like one would in the tropics?

No exposuire suit? Ok! Are you sure you didn't have a wee bit too much of the bubbly "before" the dive? You really should hit the "bubbly" after the dive. :D

Out of curiosity, how long were you able to withstand the cold and how far did you get?

C.

My drysuit had its dry zipper about 1cm open and I was freezing from that today. I can't imagine a bathing suit... At that point id forego the gloves and hood too! Plus id only keep the boots so my fins would fit :wink:.

Congrats on 200. Maybe next year I'll get this logbook updated as well!

Sounds amazing!
I did my 200th dive in a swimsuit at breakwater today. :)

Lucky U :)
Last night we dove in local lake Ada Ciganlija, Belgrade, Serbia and the temp. of water was 3C :)
Last year it was a bit warmer 4C :)
youtube/h2odivegroup
All the best in 2011!
Shale

No exposuire suit? Ok! Are you sure you didn't have a wee bit too much of the bubbly "before" the dive? You really should hit the "bubbly" after the dive. :D

Out of curiosity, how long were you able to withstand the cold and how far did you get?

C.

8 minutes bottom time, lol, will have to do dive 200 again. And no, I didn't drink before, but I sure drank after :wink:

Seriously, why did you do that pacificgal>??? :confused:

I did it just to be crazy on new years eve :) Dive 100 I dived with a pink supergirl cape, dive 200 I did in a swimsuit...what evah!
Really, your body acclimates to the cold, once we descended it wasn't bad at all. Would I do it again? Probably not, lol.

I really wanted to do dive 100 naked, but it just seemed like a bad idea. Now I'm thinking I should've.

I count a lot of dives that other people might not. I think 0:09 is my shortest.

I really wanted to do dive 100 naked, but it just seemed like a bad idea. Now I'm thinking I should've.

I count a lot of dives that other people might not. I think 0:09 is my shortest.

Well it just comes down to why you count dives. Is it just to know how many times you have gone underwater? Or do you plan on a certification down the road that requires a certain number of dives? Various certs require a number of dives and if you start logging ones under a certain amount of time then it could pose an issue later.

I probably have 30-50+ dives that I don't log/count from setting floats, pulling floats, rescue classes, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom