New Years Day Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going to be @ Jake's Point(Table Rock) for my annual New Years dive :D Either December 31 Sunday or January 1, 2007. Which ever one my dive buddy can go. I think also AquaSports is going to be there too one of those days. Might hit Dewy Point by the dam also if it is not to cold. Last year it was mid 50 or 60 not sure.

GIFFMANN:
Terry,
Not sure it will work. I'll figure it out tomorrow. Also, wonder what the water temp is. I only have a wetsuit right now and Joe won't have a rental dry suit in my size for a while.

Water temp was 36 degrees. We did 3 dives about 20 min each. Vis was on 5' to 10'.
Couldn't find the fish.

Terry

I love that temp, now that's diving. The fish on the other hand probably moved south for the Winter.:D

I may even be game for a New Years dive at Beaver. Have never dove there, but have wanted to for well over a year. Once some details are arranged - someone post them as a 'final set.'

Waiting on my drysuit to come in (should be here this Wednesday).

Dove at Lake Ozark yesterday. 48 degrees with visibility of 20 feet in the shallows 25-35 feet of depth. 61min dive time. Was pretty cool after making exit. Ended up having to do some jumping jacks once re-dressed to get some blood flow.

Kevin - Jefferson City, MO

I talked with C&J scuba and he have me his cell number for air fills. They're closed on New Years but I can call him on the cell phone and he'll drop by to fill tanks so air is not a problem on Monday. Sunday is the same deal as well.

My initial plans are to leave after work on Saturday and get to either Branson and stay at a motel for the night and be ready to dive early Sunday morning, or possibly arrive very late and stay near Beaver Lake in a Motel. I don't know the motels around there, I normally camp at the KOA when I dive Beaver Lake.

I intend on diving Sunday and Monday, leaving most likely around noon on Monday.

Of course I'll be diving Dry as always.

Haven't seen you in a while Kevin, doing any wreck dives at the Ozarks? I heard from a Mercury Marine Factory rep they had close to 2000 boats sink at the lake there. Should be plenty of salvage work available if a person wants.

Talking with Terry we've worked out the following. I think it might be easiest to meet at C&J Scuba before heading to the dive site because we've got to get a key in order to dive, and the key is with them.

So, I'm planning on diving for sure on Sunday and Monday, hope to start diving Sunday by 9 - 10 AM I'd say, it'd be based on who all's planning to dive and when they're getting there. Same deal on Monday for New Years. I'm staying at the Point West Resort, Jim at C&J got me a good deal on room rates and it's convenient.

So, initial plan is for me to show up Saturday sometime (got to try and get off work) and if possible my buddy and I will dive Sat., then dive Sunday morning and afternoon (Terry will be there around 1 or 2 PM Sunday), then dive Monday morning as well.

I've got the number and access to the key so air fills are doable, C&J's open Saturday till 6 PM, closed Sun and Mon except by arrangement (previously mentioned number) and that's the deal.

For those that don't know the park system there has a fee of I think $4 per day, because it's closed I don't know if that still holds but I'd plan on it.

So if we all meet at C&J prior to the dive we can introduce ourselves and head to the dive site as a group to get past the locked gate, otherwise there might be problems getting in.

Right now times are negotiable, tell me what works best for everybody and we can nail down the times for sure.

I will be at Oronogo for sure on New Years.

Hello everyone. I would love to get to dive with you guys on New Years. I a new to Kansa City and am solo as a buddy goes. Also I would imagine you all wear dry suits? I'm sure there is some where I can rent one? Its would be up to your group to include me in on your dive plans. Please let me know. Thanks for your time Daniel little. diver_dan92@yahoo.com

Be nice to have you show up, however I'm not aware of any shops renting drysuits in that area. There might be some but I just couldn't say for sure, betting I'd say there aren't any open that rent.

For a wetsuit I'd say it's going to be a cold dive, but doable. What most wetsuit guys do is to fill a cooler with hot water and right before the dive they get the wetsuits in it and then dress up, pour more hot water where needed and jump in. No taking time here, it's get hot and then wet ASAP. Get out of the water and out of the wetsuit dumping it in the hot water remaining for the next dive, if they can dive again.

From what I've seen of my buddies, one dive of around 25 minutes seems to do them in. Next time I see them it'll be warm out.

Daniel Little:
Hello everyone. I would love to get to dive with you guys on New Years. I a new to Kansa City and am solo as a buddy goes. Also I would imagine you all wear dry suits? I'm sure there is some where I can rent one? Its would be up to your group to include me in on your dive plans. Please let me know. Thanks for your time Daniel little. diver_dan92@yahoo.com

You bet you can join us.

I see C & J lists dry suit rental (http://candjsports.com/home.php) but I would contact
them prior to heading down there to make sure. I know some of the shops in KC rent dry
suits but I don't know which ones.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom