New Years Day Dive - Enhance Dive Site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
I don't think it would be that difficult, but we have the Army Corps of Engineers with whom to contend.

Good point. I don't see it as an impossible task though, being as there is already one platform. Would definately enhance the dive site. I will start looking into sending out some emails to try to determine where the proper channels of communication lie.

Matt

The one that is in place got there surreptitiously.
Maybe it was just a couple of kids out on their raft and it sank !!!!!!!

Wink, wink, nod, nod . . . :wink:

the Kids could Sink a raft @ 60 ft. after the location was lay out.

the Kids could Sink a raft @ 60 ft. after the location was lay out. By the way, water temp. @ 60 ft. is 52 degree F. on 12/19/04-

skierch,
You weren't one of the guys that I was talking to trying to find a platform somewhere around the West Bank Park on Sunday were you? I met two guys out there Sunday 12-19-04 (I didn't dive...they did) and they said the water temp was 52deg. Not sure what depth.

Jeremy

:xmas_2: Hey, Sports Fans !!!
Just an update.
The New Year's Day Dive is definitely on.
We plan on meeting up at West Bank Park around 11:00 a.m.
If you can bring a device to anchor for navigation purposes that would be nice, but if not, well, that's OK too.
Let's all get together and have a good dive !!!

Merry Christmas, etc. . . .

The Kraken

The Kraken:
If you can bring a device to anchor for navigation purposes that would be nice, but if not, well, that's OK too.

Sounds good Kraken, I can't wait. Trying to get over this little cold my girlfriend passed off on me for a christmas gift. I am hoping to be feeling better way before the 1st. It shouldn't be a problem since I am already recovering. Looks like I get to have some more practice with my Primary Wreck reel. Working with one of these with 5mm coldwater gloves was quite a bit more difficult then I had imagined. :) Looking forward to the 1st, hope as many people can come out as possible.

Matt

Hey, Guys !!!!

It's still on for Saturday.

11:00 a.m. at the West Bank Park on Lake Lanier.

I'm planning on a single tank dive, myself. The water's running about 45 degrees F and I'm diving wet.

See ya there.

The Kraken:
Hey, Guys !!!!

It's still on for Saturday.

11:00 a.m. at the West Bank Park on Lake Lanier.

I'm planning on a single tank dive, myself. The water's running about 45 degrees F and I'm diving wet.

See ya there.

Yeah, 45 degrees sounds like a single tank dive for me as well. Wish I could have afforded a drysuit this season. :) I'm still going to bring a 2nd tank though just incase I (as well as someone else) feels crazy enough to attempt a 2nd dive. Cya there at 11.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom