NEW! Xtar D01. 100m waterproof dive light w/ an electrodeless magnetic switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake25

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys my name is Jason from SBFlashlights - authorized dealer of Solarforce and Xtar flashlights. We sell a whole assortment of lights from nice keychain 1xAA/1xAAA ITP flashlights to the dive lights that we will be shipping out soon.

Xtar is a high quality company who have done extensive testing on their lights to insure quality. This Xtar D01 that I am selling today has been pressure tested to a safe depth of 100meters. It contains an electrodeless magnetic switch for excellent dive use.

Also note that Xtar is using a Cree emitter that's on the cutting edge of brightness and efficiency. The D01 contains a Cree R5 bin emitter which emits more lumens per watt than any other emitter currently on the market.

The Xtar D01 is on sale for $62.99 and can be purchased HERE
Just for you guys I'll take 5% off using coupon code "SBDIVE"

Some specs:

100m Diving XTAR D01 CREE XP-G R5 LED Flashlight

* CREE XP-G R5 LED
* Electrodeless magnetic control switch
* 350 OTF Lumens
* Good condensing smooth reflector
* 250m max range (on land)
* Constant circuit constant brightness
* Power by 1*18650 / 18700 / 2*CR123A battery
* Ordinary anodized Aluminum embedded POM body, anodized aircraft 6061 aluminum head
* Amphibious 100m deep diving sealed compression resisted design
* Safety switch design
* 5mm toughened glass
* 3.7~7.0V voltage range
* 198g net weight:
* 44.77mm(head dia) * 30.00mm(body dia) * 143.50mm(length)
* Lanyard, package attached

Some photos:

61342815453473824357.jpg

88797857328669220848.jpg

43631467975549162157.jpg

09288040952667056940.jpg

I'm going to Cozumel in a few weeks. The variable output with several brightness levels is real appealing. I'd prefer the emitter in a neutral tint, but this xtar light looks pretty solid. Nice enough back-up light for me, real easy to pop an pair of cr123's in there and know it'll be ready should I need it.

I'll place an order through your website.

-Linger

re: the light can not accidentally activate.
The on/off is a twisty: the circuit is completed by turning the body tight against the head so the separate inner tube makes contact with the driver circuit board. The red sliding switch is variable output from 0%-%100. So the light untwisted is actually locked out, no matter what you did with the magnetic slider the light wouldn't come on.

Jake,

It was actually Selfbuilt's review that I saw first, and after that I came by scubaboard to ask about the light. (He's a awesome un-biased reviewer: that review got you my purchase).

Positives
1) Thanx for super fast shipping. I recieved the light today, I leave tomorrow for Cozumel.
2) Initial impressions very positive - emitter perfectly centered, nicely lubed threads, very solid seal.
3) Impressive switch. Seems like too much movement on the low end (from stand-by to minimal activation) but the rest of the ramping is smooth and responsive - that switch has very good tactile feedback, barely perceptible clicks with-in a smooth glide. Did I mention it was smooth?

Concerns
4) The included lanyard is hard to read. I'm not sure if I'm impressed with the heat-shrink sealed end, or if the metal spring in the slider is dive rated.

Needs improvement - the lanyard hole has hard edges, i suspect an un-modified lanyard could fray very quick around this attachment point. Could this not be counter-sunk on each side when it is drilled out?

Again, thanx for getting this new tool to me so quickly, i'll definately get some dives with it in Coz.

Question : the body tube is delrin (or similar) - is it pure black or was it coated? (If I sand off the sharp edge around the lanyard hole, will the material stay black?)

Best,
Linger

linger I have heard of a few complaints of the light being activated too easily and the lanyard hole being too sharp. Both of these points have been forwarded to the manufacturer. If you do grind it down you'll get to the bare metal, it is only a type II anodization meaning it (the black color) will easily rub off

Thanks for your input!
Jake

Hello. About how long do you think it might take for the manufacture to make those adjustments. I hate to admit I'm not very handy to get rid of the edge. Thank you.

re: lock-out ... that's interesting, mine is locked out until that inner aluminum tube connects with the head. The POM is non-conductive so it makes a positive lock-out until the the pieces are twisted together.

This light has some power on cr123's. Wow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom