New Wreck : Unknown Steel Hull Working Boat (Pt Loma, 120 fsw)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beldridg

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Tyler found a new wreck while looking at the sonar while going to another dive site. I went back a couple weeks later to dive it, take photos, and build a photogrammetry model. If anybody wants to do some detective work, we have provided the location of the wreck.

Below is a link to the post with the details and a screenshot of the model:

ship-model-3.png

Enjoy!

- brett

Tyler found a new wreck while looking at the sonar while going to another dive site. I went back a couple weeks later to dive it, take photos, and build a photogrammetry model. If anybody wants to do some detective work, we have provided the location of the wreck.

Below is a link to the post with the details and a screenshot of the model:

View attachment 756178

Enjoy!

- brett
Nice find, sounds like a fun bit of research. What photogrammetry process was used to make the 3D model?

Nice find, sounds like a fun bit of research. What photogrammetry process was used to make the 3D model?

I'm pretty sure that one was shot with a Sony a6400 and video lights (I'm not sure which ones I had that day -- either Keldan or BigBlue). The software I use is Metashape.

I'm giving a 3-day workshop in January that will go into a ton of details and we will build sample models after two dives on wrecks. Details are here:

Regards,

- brett

Back
Top Bottom