New Wing Design

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doppler

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone out there have any firm information on the rumored new wing design. I heard it's supposed to be a colaboration between some WKPP guys and Oxycheck?

dd

Doppler,
I recently placed an order with OxyCheq and, interestingly enough, this topic came up. While he did not mention who he was specifically collaborating with, he did say that they are working on both a single and a twin wing with, in my mind, pretty clever design considerations. Sounds like pictures and more details will be on his website soon.

Hope this helps,

Steve

nessmiller once bubbled...
Doppler,
I recently placed an order with OxyCheq and, interestingly enough, this topic came up. While he did not mention who he was specifically collaborating with, he did say that they are working on both a single and a twin wing with, in my mind, pretty clever design considerations. Sounds like pictures and more details will be on his website soon.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Hey Steve:

Thanks very much for the note... I was beginning to think I had imagined the whole thing :) But remember mention of the twin wing too... something about a longer more streamlined body design too.

Thanks. Dive Safe

DD

Oxycheq has some cook stuff in the pipeline. Patrick is great to deal with. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

Eric

He has several wings becomming available soon.. They wern't done in collaboration with anyone from WKPP, but they should become a popular item with DIR divers since they have the same basic design princilpals as halycon but much higher quality.. He had the single tank wing on dispay at his booth last month at BTS.

You can also get a superior light to the scout called the little johnson and spools that work well for cold water divers..

He is also the distributor for Koplin back plates and STAs along with Greenforce lights and MJe swivels adapters ect..

Lets not make assumptions about popularity with DIR divers accepting a new wing. Halcyon is here to stay, the quality is top notch, they have made improvements on their older design, and everything else is merely an attempt to copy them and make something for themselves. The more people screw around with these designs, shapes, inflators etc. the more they detract from the #1 rule. Keep it simple.

These wings will not have an impact on real DIR divers.

DIR Tec Diver once bubbled...
SNIPPED

How can you possibly say such a thing and presume that you speak for a whole body of divers that one would assume are free to make up their own minds on a subject. It would appear that you feel that any innovation can only come from one source... halcyon. I feel this is somewhat closed minded. After all, what would happen if Halcyon were bought out by OMS? LOL

stay In Finland please Dir Tec Diver...

you probably are just an OWD huh???

Every time you find a post you rant about DIR. LEts face it buddy, Halcyon isnt the cream of the crop. There will be and is better equipment available. "DIR" divers use alot of different tyypes of gear... Not just Halcyon... and by the way, who are you to predict what people and consumers are goin to like??? Do you have a magic portal somewhere that will allow you to jump into the future and see what companies make it and who doesnt? This is a free market society. Did you happen to come from the old USSR, you know, Russia? Are you from a communist state? Because here in the US OF A , companies are free to make whatever they want, and market to whoever they want and try to sell whatever they want. I am sure that he will do great, and he might, just might, make better gear than Halcyon.

So take that and put in your pipe and smoke it...

I'm sure you wont "comprehend" that last part, so you can PM me and i will discern it for you...

DIR Tec Diver once bubbled...
But for all of us DIR wannabees, they might fit nicely with the products made by DJS Technical, FredT, Oxycheq, Koplin, Canadian Extreme, Gary Hoadley, IDI, Black Art, OMS, Dive Rite and various other individuals and companies producing gear that suit DIR.

LUBOLD8431, I'm sure you could reword your post nicer... :) and remember, this is an international board, based in the USA.

You know what, I could. But why bother... He doesnt understand common sense and never will. He and people like him will be the downfall of DIR and GUE. I hate people like that. I know, strong words. Deal with it. I'll probably have a couple regulators fillin up my PM box soon, tellin me how they edited my posts. Well, please dont. If you dont like what I have to say here, pull it, dont edit it. I hate regulators doin that to my posts. Thats what I have to say, and if its not important enough to stay here unaltered, then so be it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom