New wetsuit with creases

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevinars

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm asking because I haven't come across this and maybe I'm being a little anal. I purchased a new wetsuit package from Subogear. It is a nice product but was shipped folded with other items packed on top. There are sharp creases down the middle of torso at shoulders and legs. Is this common for a shipped wetsuit. I haven't purchased online before and don't know how they would be shipped. I called the company and they said creases in wetsuit are not an issue. Thanks

Wait till you've done a few dive trips and your bag has been at the bottom of the pile.
You'll collect quite a few creases unless you really want to carefully roll-up your suit each and every time.

I don't worry about creases in the neoprene. What I do worry about is the zippers. Especially the dry-suit type in my semi-dry suit. I always tuck my dive boots into the folds to guarantee a minimum bending radius.

The creases indicate that the suit has been abused and stored in a folded manner which has damaged and crushed portions of the suit. I would not accept it.

It sounds like a combination of poor packing and perhaps incorrect prior storage. I have 6 year old suits that are crease free. Even when packing there are techniques such as rolling thresuit into it's self that avoid damage. Having solid objects emebeded in the material if just plan wreckless.

As a practical matter the creases will cause cool spots due to reduced foam loft. Will it be notiable, maybe not. Will the suit be weakend, probably not. Unfortunately these creases seldom rebound so you will ebd up looking like you have kept poor care of our gear.

Tell them you want it replaced and brush up on the protections offered by your credit card.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom