New Wet Suit... Any Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goldenwingk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So im looking for a new wet suit, probably 4mm or 5mm, or both all in one suit.
i already have a bare suit 2&3mm but i grew out of that one.
i'm not the biggest guy around and my problem is that i can get cold easily, even in the warmest waters. usually water always manages to keep swirling around inside the suit... as in the sleeves don't really help in stopping water from moving around inside.

so i was wondering is there anything in specific that i could look into getting?

thanx. :D

All of my suits are Scubapro. I like that they fit me well and are warm. I have a 0.5mm, 3mm, and 5mm. I have a little trouble getting my feet out of the 5mm without some help from my buddy, but that is my only complaint. Find a shop where you can try on several suits. You may find that some are cut differently for your build. And be a good customer if you try on suits at a local dive shop, buy it from them. Don't go and get it online.

Pinnacle with Merino lining is very warm.

Take a look at semi-dry wetsuits

Scubapro Everflex wetsuit

scubapro suit may not fit correctly in the leg area.if fit with scubapro suit is poor try a henderson aqualock.warmest wet suit i have ever owned.

^^^^
Henderson suit may not fit correctly everywhere!!!!! Rather get Scubapro, only their legs might not fit correctly.

What are you on about? :mooner:

I used to own 3 mm, 5 mm, and 7 mm wetsuits. I then started diving in colder waters and bought a drysuit (Whites Fusion) and sold the 7 mm wetsuit on Ebay. I have used the 5 mm wetsuit only twice, and am now thinking that I'll sell it and only use the 3 mm wetsuit for tropical dives and the drysuit for all other dives. I've dived in 65 F / 18 C water in the drysuit and felt quite happy.

A drysuit represents an investment in cost and in some training/practice, but once you make the investment you can go from moderate to very cold temperatures. I use a neoprene hood and 5 mm gloves in temperatures from 65 F down to 41 F / 5 C, though some prefer dry gloves at the bottom end.

^^^^
Henderson suit may not fit correctly everywhere!!!!! Rather get Scubapro, only their legs might not fit correctly.

What are you on about? :mooner:
Whats your *(&%? problem? I have found that Scubapro suits have a issue in the lower leg area that if you have skinny legs it may fit loose.I own a 5mm sp suit and its ok in the leg area,can be better,but is ok..I tried a 3mm sp suit and it was way too loose in lower leg area.Tried a henderson aqualock 3mm and it happens to fit perfect everywhere because of the extra stretch in the material.
Manufacturers use different patterns and while one manufacturers suit may fit in a size medium another suit,different manufacturer, in a same size will not. You cannot know which suit will give you the best fit until you try it on.

I have had good results with the Aqua Lung Aquaflex and Henderson Aqualock. I tried a Waterproof on at a showroom and was pretty impressed with the fit, not sure how well it performs in the water though. The Pinnacle with Merino did not fit me well at all.
Everyones body is a little different so the best way to find a good fit is to go and try some on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom