New way of securing inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That item is $10. Why not just buy a big o-ring from the hardware store and use that if you are going to re-thread the harness.
A big static O-ring doesn't have the tension retaining "cinch" of even just a simple loop of shock/bungee cord (use the UTD link above only as an example & idea if you want to make your own cheaper version).

And actually, I threaded on my harness and use that big hard duro rating O-ring as an auxiliary sliding Hip D-Ring to clip my SPG, when using multiple stage/deco cylinders clipped off to the standard fixed in place steel tri-glide Hip D-Ring. . . (A great solution to prevent inadvertently clipping off the SPG, or getting it mixed-up/jammed on the deco/stage bottles' clips on the standard triglide Hip D-Ring).

Last edited:
I am not sure what you mean. I have used both and like the o-ring better although I am not doing any technical diving. You can always use a different size and duro o-ring that halcyon does. These things are interesting: Utility Keeper "Pair"

I built a super light travel plate a few years ago, pretty sure I mentioned it in a thread somewhere. I made aluminum keepers and used aircraft oleo O-rings for D rings. In the end I decided the weight savings was not enough to warrant the reduced reliability vs a stainless D ring. But, did it work? Yes. I found no difficulty slinging a 30 cf tank. But, for walking any distance or supporting larger tanks, no. So, at first I went back to stainless for the two shoulder rings to support slung tanks and heavy equipment while out of the water. That is about when I decided to say the heck with it and go back to all stainless and then I bought a Oxy fabric travel plate and used it for a while until now going to the aluminum VDH plate. Yes, it was very light.

N

I found the discussion interesting. Since I never get to dive with "real" divers or have taken any technical courses, I learn stuff from the internet. I too have had an issue with being constrained from lifting the inflator as much as I like, and I never use the butt dump.. It was something that bugged me. The idea of just running the LP inflator hose through the rubber loop is something so ridiculously simple, that it is embarrassing that I never thought of it. I haven't used the BP/W in a couple years, but next time.. I will try it like that, maybe show my kid the trick.. he uses a BP/W

I actually thought it was ingenious, my new rig came with a bungee all set up for the inflator, but my big belly makes it so that the inflator hits right below my heart, so I had to rerig, I took 1/8" bungee (3mm) and make a simple necklace similar to a bungee necklace for the short hose... then slipped the small hole over my inflator behind the connector and then let it ride up naturally, it creates a nice little cradle, connected a bolt snap on the other end and just clip it to the D ring... I'm going to re-lace my harness this coming week, I think I'm going to replace my tri-glide with one of the type that normally goes on the belt to create a mounting point for extra stuff, then it will stick out the right direction and I won't have to worry about which snap I'm grabbing when I reach to release my long hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom