New video-lite 3 from Ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ECPaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm in search of a light for my UW video rig, which is a Sony PC-1000 in an Ikelite housing. I'm intrigued by the new video-lite 3 that Ikelite is offering, using a combination of a 20w and either a 50w or 100w primary. Any opinions of this rig versus others?

I've dove this video rig without lights for a number of dives and realize how insane it is to do so, so now I'm ready to invest in some good lighting.

Advice to this video neophile welcomed!

I'm no video pro, but I've dived with the older Pro-Video lite II which uses the same head as the III. The 20w is a narrow angle spotting light. I've used it as my primary dive light on dives when I'm not doing much video shooting but still holding the housing. Easier than trying to juggle a second dive light. The 50 watt head throws a very wide even light, without hot spots. The head is some sort of cast solid metal, fairly heavy but bombproof. You can exchange the 50watt bulb for a 100, at cost of battery life. These bulbs are not that expensive. For the price, the ikelite system is pretty nice in my opinion.

Slingshot:

Thanks for the reply. As this is a relatively new offering from Ikelite I did not expect that there would be much in the way of experience from SBers with this unit. So I ordered one anyway and will give it a go on my next scuba outing (whenever that is!).

Back
Top Bottom