New UW theme park around Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice... love to avoid the touristy stuff by diving through more touristy stuff. Bad enough with the underwater ghosts during the current Chinese Hungry Ghost festival , we now have to deal with aquatic demons?

Hope they are using lead-free paint on those statues.. coral and lead don't mix.

sure the customers will enjoy it though,

:D

Where exactly is it anyway? Anyone know? All I know is "somwhere" around Racha Yai. I don't think many dive operators will change regular dive sites to see some statues in the sand.

Would be interesting to know who knows exactly where this site is? We only know somewhere around Racha Yai and at around 15 meters depth. It has got to be close to the other sites around Racha for the boat operators to include in their daytrip schedules. So much for the promotion of this site to the dive operators? Nobody I know seems to know exactly where. Anybody else know?

My guess is, it is a part of the artificial reef they planned to construct, which would mean probably just outside Bungalow Bay. That is a bit deeper though than 15 meters.

OnTheSpot:
Where exactly is it anyway? Anyone know? All I know is "somwhere" around Racha Yai. I don't think many dive operators will change regular dive sites to see some statues in the sand.
Well, hopefuly someone remembers where they sank the statues :)

I'd guess Bungalow Bay, 15 meters deep might be at the left side around where those giant cubes are.

Nobody seems to have told the dive shops yet! If the statues are at 15m in the middle of Bungalow Bay, I ain't gonna go see them, I'd rather stick to the reef. Might be a good navigation exercise to find them, a bit like looking for garden gnomes in Stoney Cove, only with slightly better visibility.

IF they're in the middle in Bungalow Bay, they'll just snag the fishing nets from the multitude of fishing boats out there.

Dr Thammasak Yeemin, from Ramkhamhaeng University’s Institute of Research and Development and Marine Biodiversity Research Group, and leader of the Phuket and Krabi underwater sculpture teams, told the Gazette that the Park is already being promoted to the dive industry and tour operators. He added that brochures have also been prepared for distribution to tourists during the coming high season.

If they're promoting them, maybe they could clue people in on where exactly they are?

already being promoted to the dive industry
Well, we ain't heard anything yet... And frankly its not the kind of underwater attraction I'm going to be putting on the front page of a web site! Come and see the amazing statues somewhere around Racha Yai... a prize for the first one to find them...or at least a free PADI Underwater Navigation Specialty cert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom