new uscg rule on renewing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captgeorge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
just found out when u go to renew ur lic uscg is going to get 45 more bucks from u and make u do a colregs test to renew, i got a 1600 ton so u might check if u have to take the test

I thought everyone renewing a masters license had to fill out an open-book Colregs test and Masters ( )-Ton renewal general questions test, and mail in. You talking about a closed-book test at the REC?

Is this somthing new i didn't have to take one last year when i renewed my 100ton

it is open book untill this yer the towboat industry did not have to do this but i just started on my 4th 1600 ton masters renew so i have not payed much mind to the uscg

I just mailed my 50T Masters (with request for 100T) renewal application today. I am under the impression that > 360 days at sea in the last 5 years exempts you from testing. I had 392. Hopefully I will get my ticket without a single request for additional or missing info.

I just mailed my 50T Masters (with request for 100T) renewal application today. I am under the impression that > 360 days at sea in the last 5 years exempts you from testing. I had 392. Hopefully I will get my ticket without a single request for additional or missing info.

That's what I thought as well. I guess we'll see what the future holds. I already have to start looking for an ECDIS course :shakehead: so what's another class/test.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I thought as well. I guess we'll see what the future holds. I already have to start looking for an ECDIS course :shakehead: so what's another class/test.....

You over 500 tons? I have ECDIS on the boat, as well as a radar and ARPA, but the class only applies to vessels over 500 tons (so my inspector told me). As long as she's happy, I'm just pleased as punch.

You over 500 tons? I have ECDIS on the boat, as well as a radar and ARPA, but the class only applies to vessels over 500 tons (so my inspector told me). As long as she's happy, I'm just pleased as punch.

I have an unlimited license and work on a 200+ ton SOLAS tug.

i was told by my office that its a nother way the uscg is going to get deeper in our pockets and rember this may olny apply to river tugs they have had it out for us for a long time with more dot paperwork and new regulations comming from washington seems like every year

captgeorge, who do you work for? I worked down in Houston for a little while for Kirby before moving offshore

Back
Top Bottom