New USA cdc requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have to travel for leisure in the midst of a pandemic you are part of the problem not the solution.
It would make sense for Mexico to require tests, not for USA. The rate of new cases is 4 times higher here.

Mexico: 14,395 new cases, 115 per million
USA: 151,107 new cases, 458 per million.

By total number of cases, Mexico is No 97 with 12,001 per million; USA is No 7 with 70,861.

By number of active cases, USA: 28,003 per million. Mexico: 1,938 per million.

So this is a typical bureaucratic knee-jerk response. They pretend to do something but actually shift the hardship on us but do nothing themselves.

If we really want this virus to go away, then everyone in the world needs to lock themselves in their houses for an entire month and not go anywhere or interact with anyone.
It wouldn’t even need to be that extreme. It would just take a little common sense and a lot less selfish behavior and thinking the rules do not apply to them.
E8EECF44-4687-4BD7-ADDA-D7EA55C44034.jpeg

And we have become a McDonalds have it your way drive up...

Me: What brought you to our office today?
Patient: I just want that rapid test to see if I have the Covid.
Me: Have you had any symptoms?
Patient: No.
Me: Then you need the PCR test. The rapid test will not be accurate.
Patient: I don’t care [how accurate it is]. I just want the results now.

Math problem: If 500 people all crowd that kiosk to get their last-second tests and 2 of them are positive, how many are now positive?

If we really want this virus to go away, then everyone in the world needs to lock themselves in their houses for an entire month and not go anywhere or interact with anyone. Like you stated earlier, people don't start showing symptoms or have a high enough viral load for a few days after exposure (especially for the antigen test), so having a requirement for a test 3 days prior to travel with no quarantine between the test and travel is nonsense. You should be required to have a negative test, hole up in a secure location for three days, then have another negative test immediately before you travel, but that's impossible. This is all just as much security theater as taking your shoes off to go through the backscatter machine.

Yes but this way the government can say we are doing stuff to prevent it. Its a show to make people feel better.

Yes but this way the government can say we are doing stuff to prevent it. Its a show to make people feel better.
Not to make this political but some of the powers that be were pushing for this for the past several weeks but the higher ups in the White House would not ok it. New management. New rules. Likely the first of many.

This is what flying on many airlines in Asia looks like. No food or drinks onboard and staff in PPE clothing.
No PCR test and no mask you are not allowed to board the flight.

ASIA TRAVEL.jpg

If you have to travel for leisure in the midst of a pandemic you are part of the problem not the solution.

How many times have you said that to people?

Trolling the travel forums. Telling people they shouldn't travel. The hero we all need.

I just saw this new CDC guideline today.

We already had to postpone our liveaboard to Turks and Caicos once. Return flight is the same day we get off the boat.. Ridiculous!!

We had an AquaCat liveaboard scheduled for March. It was booked in late 2019 (pre-pandemic).

Canada announced a similar requirement for a negative test to be required to enter the country on Jan 6.

It was all set that the boat would return to Nassau Thursday morning where a physician would come aboard to take swabs from everyone. Boat then goes back out for us to keep diving. At the end of the liveaboard, the test results were to be waiting for us to proceed to the airport.

We ended up having to cancel/postpone because Air Canada and WestJet ended up cancelling all flights for the foreseeable future. Plus... we have a pretty good feeling that there will be additional restrictions on travel announced and implemented between now and then.

It's obvious. The disease is spread by person to person transmission.

How does the South African variant get from South Africa to the USA?
Either;
a. someone travelled direct from South Africa to the USA bring the disease with them,
Or.
b. someone travelled from South Africa to another country, and passed it on to someone who then travelled to the USA.
Or
c. a variation of b with x number of people in-between.

It isn't rocket science. The more travel, interaction and movement or people the higher the transmission of the disease. Reduce contact and movement, the numbers drop!

We are currently in a (loose) lockdown, the numbers sky rocketed over Christmas, because none of the politicians wanted to be the one who said 'NO' and spoiled Christmas. In the end their hand was forced as the numbers started to shoot up just before Christmas. So progressively stronger lockdowns where implemented in different counties across the country. Ending in the day after Christmas 'everyone' going into tier 4 (or what ever the hell it now is). Now, after a a huge rise after Christmas, as we approach the end of the month the numbers are starting to drop again.
People moving about and gathering in groups = a rise in infections.

Until a high ratio of the population are immunised, it is a constantly repeating cycle.
The only reason the number of fatalities drop, is eventually you kill off all of the most vulnerable.

A 'holiday' is not really that important, is it?

It wouldn’t even need to be that extreme. It would just take a little common sense and a lot less selfish behavior and thinking the rules do not apply to them.
View attachment 636164

And we have become a McDonalds have it your way drive up...

Me: What brought you to our office today?
Patient: I just want that rapid test to see if I have the Covid.
Me: Have you had any symptoms?
Patient: No.
Me: Then you need the PCR test. The rapid test will not be accurate.
Patient: I don’t care [how accurate it is]. I just want the results now.

OK I work at an airport. Unless you have a positive test result you have to come to work or not get paid. Everyone here is 'exposed' regularly and my coworker who was around other co-workers who subsequently tested positive got a test over his weekend, because he is a stand-up guy and wanted to do the right thing. Since he had no symptoms he only qualified for the gold standard PCR test with a 2-5 day wait on results, no quick antigen test. 7 hours into the first day of his work week he got a call that he tested positive and needed to quarantine.
Hanging out for 2-5 days waiting for results is not a good option for everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom