New toys arrived from ST (mr22/abyss+proton). Have questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

84CJ7

Contributor
Reaction score
My mr22/abyss and proton octo showed up today, got it from Scubatoys so iam a little confused on the mess of warrany papers I have. Near as I can tell I just send in the post card like warranty registration card inside the front of the warranty booklet and thats it for now until I need it serviced right? I don't expect anything to break really but id rather not void my warranty already. And I also have two sheets that say annual service record form, but appear to be replaced by my little book (which I think ST tossed in the box rather than it coming with the regs) I dont need those if I use the book to record stuff right? Also it says I have to have it serviced 45 days from the original purchase date, does that mean till the end of time I have to have this thing serviced within 45 days before or after oct. 29th or I void my warranty? I hate scedules, but I suppose thats a good a time of year as any.

Also the my proton octo seems to have a very odd purge button design, instead of the button pushing in a 1/4 inch or so like on the abyss and others, the whole front cover just slightly bows in when I press on it and theres no real "button". I assume this is normal, but since it barely presses in at all I just wanted to make sure something wasn't jammed.

Now all I have to do is wait till spring so I can use it, DOH.

EDIT: just noticed theres even more warranty crap, apparently that page in the book for warranty registration that I will send it is also duplicated in other warranty registration paperwork I have here that likely is the stuff the regs came with, I seem to even have some stuff labeled "dealer copy". I hope that little book they sent is all I need to work with because thats much simpler and covers the all the parts in one.

I haven't seen a Mares in Particular out of the box new, but if it is anything ilke the others I have seen (sherwood, apeks, oceanic, etc.) the warranty card is for the sake of recalls so they can get ahold of you in case somethingis found wrong with the reg. Just to notify you to get it taken care of (its a liability thing). The booklet is similar to what aqualung used to do. It is so that the dealer can tell that you are still eligible for the free parts and have had it serviced in the last year or so. All the other gibberish is FYI.
As for the purge on the octo, it is just a different design that is also employed by oceanic, aqualung, and sherwood. go to their sites and take a look at the regulators and you will see that they lack the button thatis present on the Abyss aswell.
www.sherwoodscuba.com
www.aqualung.com
www.oceanicworldwide.com

84CJ7:
My mr22/abyss and proton octo showed up today, got it from Scubatoys so iam a little confused on the mess of warrany papers I have. Near as I can tell I just send in the post card like warranty registration card inside the front of the warranty booklet and thats it for now until I need it serviced right? I don't expect anything to break really but id rather not void my warranty already. And I also have two sheets that say annual service record form, but appear to be replaced by my little book (which I think ST tossed in the box rather than it coming with the regs) I dont need those if I use the book to record stuff right? Also it says I have to have it serviced 45 days from the original purchase date, does that mean till the end of time I have to have this thing serviced within 45 days before or after oct. 29th or I void my warranty? I hate scedules, but I suppose thats a good a time of year as any.

Also the my proton octo seems to have a very odd purge button design, instead of the button pushing in a 1/4 inch or so like on the abyss and others, the whole front cover just slightly bows in when I press on it and theres no real "button". I assume this is normal, but since it barely presses in at all I just wanted to make sure something wasn't jammed.

Now all I have to do is wait till spring so I can use it, DOH.

EDIT: just noticed theres even more warranty crap, apparently that page in the book for warranty registration that I will send it is also duplicated in other warranty registration paperwork I have here that likely is the stuff the regs came with, I seem to even have some stuff labeled "dealer copy". I hope that little book they sent is all I need to work with because thats much simpler and covers the all the parts in one.
Give Larry a call, he'll clear the warranty mess within 5 min.
Another option would be using PM through the board :wink:

Back
Top Bottom