New tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I wanted to make a cap for my pole spear so I wouldn't stab my other stuff while transporting and storing it, and it occurred to me that if it fit well, it could both act as a cap AND turn the spear into a tickle stick.

I'm looking forward to taking this baby with me on my next hunt, and I'm almost sure it'll be with me for the Lovell's Island trip. :D

3372990758_1e6839862c.jpg

3372212543_ae32ff1108.jpg

is know they made spear condoms that small...actually didnt know they made spear condoms at all. hmmpf?

It will be safer and better for the fish not to take it along with you
That sort of goes without saying. I don't think anyone brings fishing gear with them for the safety of the fish.
there is lots of fish for sale already dead in the local markets, why not be happy with that!
There are several reasons. Here are a few:
  • I enjoy catching/hunting my own food.
  • The food I harvest myself is always fresher than what is available at local markets.
  • I can be confidant that any fish I catch have been harvested in a humane and sustainable way, with zero bycatch, unlike the fish I might buy from the market.
  • I prefer to take responsibility for killing and cleaning my own food, rather than paying to have someone else do the dirty work for me. It makes me more appreciative of the fact that my dinner was once a living thing.

There are several reasons. Here are a few: ...
  • I prefer to take responsibility for killing and cleaning my own food, rather than paying to have someone else do the dirty work for me. It makes me more appreciative of the fact that my dinner was once a living thing.
Right On! Maybe if a few more people who are willing to sit back while others do the harvesting for them; got out and did their own killing, cleaning, and prepping, they'd have less time to comment and pass judgement on those willing to do so. :shakehead:

Right On! Maybe if a few more people who are willing to sit back while others do the harvesting for them; got out and did their own killing, cleaning, and prepping, they'd have less time to comment and pass judgement on those willing to do so. :shakehead:

So wait are you saying my food was once alive???? :confused:

Alive! I can't eat anything that was once ALIVE!!! That's gross! And immoral and unethical. From now on, nothing that was once alive. No fish, no lobster, no scallops, no lamb chops. I'll just stick with vegetables! Oh wait, vegetables were once alive. OK, Water. Water's good. I'll just stick with water! And I'm spending next Saturday picketing outside of my local DPW. Did you know that they are killing millions of innocent bacteria down there in their fancy water purification plant every day? Oh, the horror. From now on, only 'free range bacteria water' for me. Oh wait, the bacteria are alive, and if I drink the water with them in it then they will die. Ok, I'll just kill myself then.

Nah, that's stupid. I think I'll go toss a nice thick steak on the grill and ponder what to do next as I chew. Maybe pour myself a glass of wine that I made by crushing and squeezing some poor innocent grapes.

Back
Top Bottom