Question New to US (and FL)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go to Tiger Beach with Dolphin Dream. It’s an awesome trip. They leave from Riviera Beach Marina, under the Blue Heron Bridge. Talk to the Dolphin Dream DM, David Finch, about spearfish Lionfish. He may tell you more detail info about such event.

Definitely going to look into it. Before this thread, I thought that for shark feeding dives I would have to go to Tiger Beach, didn't know such dives exist in FL.

I think I already asked which is better, have to read back.

Wouldn't it be more convenient to fly to the Bahamas direct and depart on a boat to TB from there as opposed to departing from Palm Beach? I love the liveaboard experience but that feels like an unnecessary sail?

For spear fishing Lionfish, @gopbroek just did it last week in Cozumel as shown in post #4 in this thread: Trip Report - Cozumel Real Time Review

58DC378E-F473-4894-8F6B-EB544649FFAD.jpeg

Wouldn't it be more convenient to fly to the Bahamas direct and depart on a boat to TB from there as opposed to departing from Palm Beach? I love the liveaboard experience but that feels like an unnecessary sail?
I have not done it that way. So, don’t know if it’s better or not.

However it only takes 5-hour cruising from West Palm Beach to Tiger Beach.

5653A2B5-1CCB-46DB-AAC4-C1694A89BF8D.jpeg

I have not done it that way. So, don’t know if it’s better or not.

However it only takes 5-hour cruising from West Palm Beach to Tiger Beach.

View attachment 731918

Oh, so it's actually a closer sail than from Nassau (where I presume flights to the Bahamas get to). I didn't know that. Wonderful.

If you want to see big 14-foot mama Tiger Sharks on your face, Tiger Beach is the best place in the world.

Definitely on the list, thank you!

Hi everyone!
Only discovered the existence of this wonderful site last week. Hope everyone had a fun 4th of July weekend.

My name is Omer, I'm originally from Israel, and recently started a job in NYC so my home base has shifted quite a long way (as you can imagine). I've never dove (dived, diven?) on this side of the world actually.

My question for the forum is this - I have no knowledge of diving here in the US, and rarely is diving here discussed in the Israeli dive community.

I know there's diving in the Northeast, but I prefer not to dive in cold water and I'm less interested in wrecks (even though I am certified).

I love sharks, turtles, and big pelagics in general (don't we all) - so I was wondering if and where it's best to dive in the US, specifically FL, to see those? I've only ever seen black, white, and silver tip reef sharks (and one juvenile whale shark one time which was amazing), so would love to see more species!

When I do have time to go to FL, given I will probably haul my gear with me, what should I expect prices to be like? I know here it will probably be boat dives as opposed to shore dives, which makes them more expensive.

Sorry if I ranted too long! If there are any NYC divers on here (especially fellow Israelis) please lmk if there's a forum or chat where we can connect!

And if people are interested, I'm happy to provide info about the Israeli dive scene, happy to chat or create a post - give the people what they want lol :)
Welcome to stay at my place in Orlando. I was in the dive business many years. Look into car rentals. Two hours from Jupiter, less than 3 hours to Palm Beach. I can offer suggestions on misc dive sites. All my tanks are out of hydro. Blue Springs is near, a super cool dive in a cavern/caveish (was a NACD instructor back in the day). Will take you there for a day - amazing dive. Lived and worked at a dive shop in the Florida Keys so can steer you there. The keys is mostly shallow looking at fish dives, some shops offer more advanced. one of the USA most beautiful drives - I have all the tips on how to do the Keys. There are ride share sites that offer cheap car rentals. You sound like a "proper" Israel Jew - I have a debt to Israel, in 2013 the motorcycle society toured me all over your nation for 2 weeks when I was on a long motorcycle trip. Israel is my hero nation and people. 407-455-2834

Welcome to stay at my place in Orlando. I was in the dive business many years. Look into car rentals. Two hours from Jupiter, less than 3 hours to Palm Beach. I can offer suggestions on misc dive sites. All my tanks are out of hydro. Blue Springs is near, a super cool dive in a cavern/caveish (was a NACD instructor back in the day). Will take you there for a day - amazing dive. Lived and worked at a dive shop in the Florida Keys so can steer you there. The keys is mostly shallow looking at fish dives, some shops offer more advanced. one of the USA most beautiful drives - I have all the tips on how to do the Keys. There are ride share sites that offer cheap car rentals. You sound like a "proper" Israel Jew - I have a debt to Israel, in 2013 the motorcycle society toured me all over your nation for 2 weeks when I was on a long motorcycle trip. Israel is my hero nation and people. 407-455-2834
Thank you so much, that's incredibly kind! I'm glad you like Israel so much!

Will definitely reach out when I'm in FL, let's go shark diving together! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom