New to underwater photo and videography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kesh68

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings! Just joined this forum because there are so many experienced divers here sharing thier knowledge and experiences.

I recently got back to diving after a break of about 20 years because my kids got certified recently and they love it. Planning to take them on a few diving trips so recently decided to buy new video lights for use with the GoPro HD2.

I can't decide to get either a pair if i-Torch Video Pro6 or one Video Pro7. For the price of one Pro7, I can get two Pro6.

Pro6 has 2400 lumens and the Pro7 has 5000 lumens. Will two Pro6 be enough light or should I get one Pro7 first and later on add another one when I save enough money.

Also I bought the Canon S120 with ikelite housing and the Sea & Sea YS-D1 strobe. What settings should I use on the Canon (P, A, S, M or underwater) and the YS-D1 (TTL or M)?

Cheers and Happy Diving !

What setting to use on the camera really is dependant on what you want to accomplish and how good you are with the camera..
Personally I shoot all in manual, mostly with TTL, but I also use a DSLR rather than a compact..

As to the two video lights, I have no experience with them, but how much light you get from them is also dependant on the beam angle - which btw need to be rather large if you want to use the gopro in wide mode.

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard! :admingreet:

Hope you got it insured. So many of those cameras get lost. Join the discussions on our photo forums.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom