New to the Tulsa area, looking for dive sites and dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bartman69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello all. Just moved back to the Tulsa area and don't want to fall into the same pattern as the last time that I lived here (didn't dive) Looking for dive sites and some dive buddies that wouldn't mind showing someone new to the area the good places to blow some bubbles. Thanks for any help.

Hello all. Just moved back to the Tulsa area and don't want to fall into the same pattern as the last time that I lived here (didn't dive) Looking for dive sites and some dive buddies that wouldn't mind showing someone new to the area the good places to blow some bubbles. Thanks for any help.

From Tulsa, there are two popular sites for divers. . . Beaver Lake in NW Arkansas and Tenkiller Lake in East Central Oklahoma. Both lakes offer a few good dives from shore, but most of the best sites are going to be from a boat. Both lakes offer pontoon rentals, if you can share the expense with a few friends.

Meeting dive partners. . . There are a couple of dive shops in Tulsa, stop by and become acquainted with the shop and their customers. There are also two dive shops at Tenkiller lake. . . at any of these shops stop in and visit, and talk to the people buying air. Those people buying air are the people to meet, they're diving.

Tenkiller lake has an underwater park in their state park at Pine Cove. The park is accessible from shore. There will be many dive shops there giving check out dives, but there are always divers there looking for dive partners. Meet dive partners there, then move off to less crowded diving sites. Enjoy the diving, for the next few months we'll have the best visability, and smallest crowds. Beaver and Tenkiller are deep lakes, and will be as warm underwater in October as it was in June. A 3 mil suit will be comfortable down to the thermocline. . . A 5 mil suit will be comfortable in December, more so than in April. Diving in the fall can be the most enjoyable, just avoid the cold north winds.

Me and the wife will be at Tenkiller this weekend, we're taking our boat out, and hoping to get some boat dives in and dive the islands. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom