New to the sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

427HEVN

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I stumbled on these boards via google and have really enjoyed reading the comments and opinions.

From my handle, some of you may able to tell I've traded in my former hobby of classic Corvettes (427HEVN was my plate), for something a little more active. I'm taking it slow as I venture into this new world of diving (its a bit intimidating). I guess I have much to learn.

I'm also a volunteer firefighter which actually got me looking at the sport of diving (the Scott air packs we wear are similar to scuba tanks in many ways).

Looking forward to learning more and getting to know everyone.
:)

Seems like a lot of people "stumbled" across the board- I did too, and have been a devotee ever since. Welcome!

Lots of info here- there *is* a lot to learn! Search around, ask questions!

BTW Have you started classes yet, or already certified? You may want to check out the Southern California forum here.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the welcome Dave

427HEVN,

Welcome to the board. You'll find a lot of useful info located here. The folks on this board are friendly and helpful. Good luck with your training.

DSAO,
Larry

Scuba diving is a lot like firefighting. Similar equipment, gear intensive, and you have to use your brain!

Have fun!

Aquagal
(Also a Volunteer Firefighter)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom