New to the group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi, I just happened upon this board today while reading another forum. So I thought I would join. Everyone see,s to be friendly and happy here, which is nice to see for a change.

I'm intro to cave cert and will be working on my DM cert hopefully this spring. I live in central Florida which puts me pretty close to cave country for weekend cave diving trips. I'm also DIR and prefer my buddies for any overhead diving be the same, that's just were my comfort zone starts.

I average about 100 dives a year. Moslty fresh water cave stuff, but venture into that salty stuff maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

If anyone ever needs any Florida dive info, just shoot me over an e-mail.

Dive safe and educated,

Wendy:hi:

Glad to see you've introduced yourself. Welcome to your new extended "family" from around the world!

You'll find all sorts of folks here. Some are, however are rather unique :wink:, some are real friendly :D, and well some are.... well we won't go there.

I'm actually heading down your way in a couple of weeks (Orlando) for work (gag) and fun (yipee). Would be a hoot to be able to say hi in person.

Howdy from Texas!

Several of us are headed your direction in July. Check out the Wreckmania series of threads.

We look forward to your participation!

Welcome to the boards from Rochester NY.
Glad you could join us here.
I look forward to hearing about some of your Cave adventures.

I won't be heading to Fla again til maybe next fall.

Does everybody visit Florida sooner or later?? :wink:

Yet another ally in the fight to rid Scuba Board of bungied wings, deep air diving, and gimmicky equipment! Kidding! :wink: :D There's several of us who are in the DIR camp here -- Roakey, Uncle Pug, Jim Holcomb, and VTWarren to name a few off the top of my my head. Though I really believe cavers suffer from some serious chemical unbalance, I have a nagging desire to take the GUE Cave 1 class :rolleyes: :D.

Glad to have ya.

Mike

Hi from Kingston Ontario Canada.. Welcome to Scuba board.. Hope you enjoy the forum..

How does this work exactly? Does everyone read different boards here? Where would I post trip reports? Would i only post cave diving reports on the cave diving forum? It just seems that so much is going on here, i'm kinda overwelmed. I can say that you are a friendly bunch.

Yes make your posts to the proper section of the forum... think theres a section for almost everything going on here.. Enjoy...

post what you want, lots of great information here.

Originally posted by Wendy
How does this work exactly? Does everyone read different boards here? Where would I post trip reports? Would i only post cave diving reports on the cave diving forum?

I think most of us use our own best judgement as to where a post belongs.

If a moderator thinks it belongs elswhere they will move it.

I'd put trips in the travel section, and I think you've got the right Idea on a Cave report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom