New to the forum - looking for divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jflow

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys,

I just moved up here from southern California and have been looking for some charters that go out to the farallones or to good spots in monterey/big sur.

I haven't had much luck meeting people who dive or even finding boats that go out. Does anybody know of somewhere they can recommend?

Thanks,
Joe

Not many folks going out to the Farallones for diving these days.

As to local diving, that's a totally different story. As for dive boats, there are plenty of them in Monterey and not a bad one in the bunch. Check them out at Monterey SCUBA Diving Charter Boats. As for finding buddies, look for a local dive club (whose members actually dive here). There's a pretty good list at California Diver Magazine - California Dive Clubs | Scuba diving and skin diving California and beyond

What part of the Bay Area do you now live in?

Sweet thanks! I'm in Oakland.

Feel free to look me up as well. I'm in Carmel. Most days I can dive is Monday and Tuesday and some Wednesdays. Busy the next several weeks however. Feel free to PM me if you are open after mid February. Welcome to the area!

Welcome. Where in SoCal do you hail from?

If you're like me, you'll miss the Garibaldi and lobsters, but there's some great diving here.

I've been buddying with NorCal section divers all year & met a lot of good folk.

jflow, If you are ever in the Monterey area hit me up. I live in Seaside so I can normally jump in at a short notice, and I am always looking for new buddies

Sounds good to me man... I don't mind a bit of a drive either so if you ever want to go out... From a boat or from the beach, give me a ring: 805.300.6111

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom