New to the board...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Puchikatt
Hey CB!

The idea of the liveaboard is nice though, b/c I also like fishing, but I can see how being on your schedule is also a bonus.

One thing about live-aboards that is important to me is to make sure they have a head in each cabin. Some live-aboards have community heads that are shared by all passengers onboard the boat, so if that is important to you, you might want to check on that before you book a trip.

Originally posted by DivingGal
Originally posted by cblount130
Originally posted by DivingGal
A warm welcome from Canada. You'll enjoy the people you meet, and the all information you'll gain.

Thanks DivingGal! Isn't it cold diving in Canada?

Cold is a relative term. Last weekend the water was in the mid-60's (around 18-20 C)in the St Lawrence. It will "warm" up to the mid-70's - positively balmy! By the time it gets that warm I'm wearing either my full 3/2 or my shortie (depends how deep I'm going).

How about you - what's the water temp like?

Temp in Texas depends on what lake or rock quarry and time of the year. In the heat of the Summer, it can get into the mid/high 80's, but last year in November I was in a rock quarry that was reading 54 degrees F. bbbrrrrrr! I decided at that point, that I had completely lost my sanity! I was wearing my new 5 mil S Tek 3 piece system, and it actually kept me halfway warm for about 20 minutes. My hubby has the same system, and he felt warmer for a longer period of time than I did. I'll admit that I'm a wimp when it comes to cold water (which in my book is anything less than 80F.)

Stay warm!
CB

Hello to you from a fellow Texan, transplanted from San Diego. I love to see all the people from my area on here and interested in helping one another.

See ya at a local mudhole soon, lol.

hi again CB!
Just thought I'd let ya know i have relatives in the Dallas & Waco areas in your great big state. A couple of them are divers too! Hope to see ya underwater sometime!

~lildiver

Yikes!!! Bitten by my own phrase.... :tease:
Mind you,"bury me in texas" could mean that burial plots are cheap there too....heheh!
Cheers phrase stealing ears,
There can be only one,
The Gasman.

Howdy to you ScubaLadee!!!

What part of Texas are you from? If around the D/FW area, be sure to check our little band out (the ScubaBoard Texas Swamp Diving Team) since we try to get together often for dive and social stuff. Check the web page link in my signature for our new web page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom