New to the board...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Iguana Don
Places where nobody's been and parts where nobody wants to go.

ID

Actually I live in Midwest City, a suburb of Oklahoma City.

Sounds interesting, but where do you dive up there? We thought about checking some areas out up there, but we weren't sure what the best lakes are for diving, or if was even worth driving up there to check it out.

Thanks,
CB

Originally posted by L. Smallman
Careful Gasman, them's fightin words. We Texans (and that includes transplants like me)think there are only 2 places on earth, Texas and not Texas. It's like the song says "When I die please let me go to Texas". I guess if Texas had an ocean it would be heaven!

CHEERS NON-TEXAN EARS!

Laura

You go girl! The only reason I'd move out of Texas is to be close to warm, blue water. (Of course, Texas does have the Gulf, but I've never dove down there.) I guess I'll be staying here for a while, though.

Y'all have a great one!
CB

CB (biting back puns about truckers and radios)

Scuba Point is one spot, but with Tom bring his other big toy (boat) we hope to hit some of the other spots like Devil's gate and the cave area.

Be sure to "join" the swamp divers page (if not already done so) so you can participate there (add photos, add events to calendar, chat and e-mail others).

Originally posted by TexasMike
CB (biting back puns about truckers and radios)

Scuba Point is one spot, but with Tom bring his other big toy (boat) we hope to hit some of the other spots like Devil's gate and the cave area.

Be sure to "join" the swamp divers page (if not already done so) so you can participate there (add photos, add events to calendar, chat and e-mail others).

TexasMike,

I just joined your page - Thanks! It told me that the manager of the page has to approve me before I can do anything. When I get a chance, I'll put some of my pictures out there. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the page.

That's good that y'all have a boat. It's nice to be able to see the other parts of PK. Devil's Gate is pretty neat, but it can get crowded.

Y'all have fun!
CB

Hey...Were goin to Travis this wekend with a class of 4. We may get to do a little diving for ourselves afterall. Last time I was there we found some Guadaloupe Perch nesting below the stairs and fed some huge catfish. Not exactly Hammerheads and Eagle Rays but worth the effort if you need a dive fix.

We even manage to make the most kick @#*I(&^$ margaritas in the camp. Theres always room for another if you huys show up.

r/s k10

Well Howdy, CB
I'm new to this board too! Great to be around so many divers! I'm from the other "T" state, as in Tennessee where, sad to say, there's no ocean. Only lakes and rock quarrys to dive in. But still IT IS diving! Nothing like blowing bubbles, is there?
Happy Diving!
~lildiver

Originally posted by cblount130
Originally posted by DivingGal
A warm welcome from Canada. You'll enjoy the people you meet, and the all information you'll gain.

Thanks DivingGal! Isn't it cold diving in Canada?

Cold is a relative term. Last weekend the water was in the mid-60's (around 18-20 C)in the St Lawrence. It will "warm" up to the mid-70's - positively balmy! By the time it gets that warm I'm wearing either my full 3/2 or my shortie (depends how deep I'm going).

How about you - what's the water temp like?

Originally posted by ktenhusband
Hey...Were goin to Travis this wekend with a class of 4. We may get to do a little diving for ourselves afterall. Last time I was there we found some Guadaloupe Perch nesting below the stairs and fed some huge catfish. Not exactly Hammerheads and Eagle Rays but worth the effort if you need a dive fix.

We even manage to make the most kick @#*I(&^$ margaritas in the camp. Theres always room for another if you huys show up.

r/s k10

Thanks K10! Margaritas sound great! I wish I was going down there, but I'm really obligated to do this family thing. The Hubby will be there, though. I don't believe he's planning to camp out this time. He's talking about just going the easy route and gettin' a room. If you see him, tell him I've been talking about him online. He'll be the quiet guy with the shaved head.

Have fun!
CB

Hey CB!

Thank you much for the 411. I've seen many ads for Peter Hughes, but hadn't heard anything from people who've actually been on those liveaboards. The loading/unloading of my gear doesn't bug me at all....I figure if you can't handle lugging around your stuff then you shouldn't be diving. I've also never done any shore diving...I'm spoiled in that I can charter boats just 15 mins. from my home or even rent a boat.

The idea of the liveaboard is nice though, b/c I also like fishing, but I can see how being on your schedule is also a bonus.

I'll let ya know if we ever decide on something!!

Originally posted by lildiver
Well Howdy, CB
I'm new to this board too! Great to be around so many divers! I'm from the other "T" state, as in Tennessee where, sad to say, there's no ocean. Only lakes and rock quarrys to dive in. But still IT IS diving! Nothing like blowing bubbles, is there?
Happy Diving!
~lildiver

Part of my family tree and many of my friends came from Tennessee, so I kinda feel partial to that state, too. It's true that we would all rather be in that nice clear, blue water, but when ya can't be there, I guess those "mud holes" are sufficient. You're right, there's nothing like diving. All my priorities changed in life after I started diving!

Living to dive!
CB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom