New to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ibnygator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I'm new to the board and just wanted to say hi. I'm an experienced diver (almost all tropical) now in upstate New York and looking forward to the discussions as well as setting up dive plans wherever I may travel. A particular area of interest is diving the St. Lawrence, since I got my first taste of that last October and really enjoyed it.

:hi:

IBNYGATOR,
Howdy from Texas. The St. Lawrence Thousand Island area sounds like some interesting diving.
You'll find great folks here and lots of info.

DSAO,
Larry

welcome to the board!

Just across the lake from you, trust me, good wreck diving in the st. lawrence, check out the ontario fresh water freaks forum, lots of info there :wink:

Welcome to the board. I was born and raised in upstate NY, but I managed to escape when young :D

Wreck/Tec is in your neck of the woods somewhere...

Phil

I'll defintely see you around the Ontario fresh water freaks forum. I want to get at least 25 dives in the St. Lawrence this year. Maybe we can dive together sometime...

be happy to bud! we have a pretty active group here, will be lots of stuff going on :wink:

Welcome to the board ibnygator....There is a lot of good diving to be had in the St. Lawrence.

Forgive me the dumb questions...I'm a transplant from the tropics and just learning this cold water diving stuff, but...

On my first visit to the St. Lawrence I dove the Robert Gaskin and the Lilly Parsons. I know that I want to dive the Daryaw, the Keystorm, the Muscallonge and the America. Any other must sees that you would recommend?

As soon as it's warm enough to be diving in my wetsuit (Henderson Hyperstretch 5/7 mil) I'll be there. By the way, when might that be? May? June?

:confused:

Welcome to the board. I'm curious. What's the current like in the St. Lawrence?

Well, with a whopping 5 dives in the river under my belt, I'm no expert. But on my dives I experienced no current, mild current and a pretty strong current on one drift dive. We weren't hanging off of the line like flags ripping in a gale, but I've heard that that can happen in the St. Lawrence.

:slick:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom