New to the board from Ontario....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren_L

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi Everyone! Been on this board for just under a week or so, not sure how I stumbled on to it, but I'm glad I did!

I've been looking to buy some new equipment and I must have come up with a link to the board in one of my searches...

Looks like there are quite a few members in Ontario - I'm in the Toronto area myself and have been looking for places to find decent equipment at reasonable prices. There are a couple of dive shops nearby, but seem somewhat pricey.

There's a place called Bob's Scuba in Hamilton which came highly recommended, which I have yet to check out. Any other suggestions in the GTA?

Which equipment are you looking for? I try to support my local dive shops to keep them open. Many will work with you to give you the best price they can and still be there next time you need them. Good luck. Keep us posted. :)

Welcome to the neighbourhood. (and don't forget to check out our own little corner of the board -- the Ontario Fresh Water Freaks)

Supporting your local dive store, is always a good idea. There are a number that members have recommended in the GTA, (and others that folks have recommended you stay away from). Toronto Dive Stores

We're trying for a dinner for the gang -- right now it looks like April 12 at Montana's in Kingstion OFWF Dinner come along ....

Welcome to the boards from across the lake!

I appreciate the warm welcomes!

I am in the market for a new regulator and dive computer. The board has been very helpful in helping me narrow down my choices. I agree with supporting your LDS, but when you can buy online at times for almost half the price, it's pretty tempting to do so.

I've been eyeing the Mares MR22 Abyss regulator which I have found online for about $300 US (with shipping, etc.. prob about $500 Cdn). A LDS here wanted $700 plus tax (about $800 Cdn). Is it worth the extra $300 for servicing? Perhaps, but the online option sure is tempting.

welcome to the board!
Your'e only a hop, skip, and a plunk away from some great diving!

I have found in my experience that the shops in the greater toronto are do tend to be overpriced, although there are some good shops in the outlying areas. There's a good shop in whitby, I can't remember the name at the moment, but really good prices. I'll look it up and come back and edit this :wink:

minutes later..... found it!!
"divesource" in whitby, good guys, give them a call :wink:

Hi ... thanks for the information. I will be sure to check them out. Whitby is not too far away, only about a half hour drive from here.

Thanks!

Dive source is a good place. You'll like the owner. They also have an affiliated Dive club which is very good.... BTW the site is www.divesource.com

And yes you can be a member of OFWF and another dive club:)

DivingGal once bubbled...

We're trying for a dinner for the gang -- right now it looks like April 12 at Montana's in Kingstion OFWF Dinner come along ....

Thanks for the info. I'm afraid I'll be hard pressed to make it for April 12. Ahhh, K-town .... fond memories of my days at Queen's University though. Would love to go back one of these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom