New to the board from Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMGinger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone,

I've read several threads on the board during trip planning and research and decided I might as well join the party.

I'm a PADI Open Water certified diver with just over 30 logged dives in Tahiti, Thailand, New Caledonia and the East Coast of Australia (GBR, Ex-HMAS Brisbane, Julian Rocks). I'd like to continue building up my experience, doing progressively more difficult dives with the ultimate goal of heading down to the Galapagos (and of course, enjoying everything in between).

Looking forward to reading more interesting threads and providing my input when I can!

Don't forget to add the balmy, tropical waters of Waterton and Minnewanka to your list :) Here's a good Facebook group to join for local events, info, etc. if you're interested... Aqua Sport
Also, the Alberta Underwater Council (AUC) is looking at hosting a monthly pool session at SAIT for divers wanting to practice, shakedown new gear or just to enjoy the subsurface silence.

Thanks Crookshanky, I took my certification through Aqua Sport but due to the time of year I completed the OW dives in Tahiti (rough, I know). I'd like to check out Minnewanka sometime, it sounds cool. I was going to take my AOW with Aqua Sport but unfortunately the Marda Loop shop is shut down :( I'll check out their FB page though, thanks!

howdy and welcome from southeast Florida USA....

Thanks Crookshanky, I took my certification through Aqua Sport but due to the time of year I completed the OW dives in Tahiti (rough, I know). I'd like to check out Minnewanka sometime, it sounds cool. I was going to take my AOW with Aqua Sport but unfortunately the Marda Loop shop is shut down :( I'll check out their FB page though, thanks!

Yes AS has closed their physical store as they are transitioning to an online store. Not sure who you did your OW with there but I know Ken Pon from AS is now teaching at Caribbean Dreams in Calgary if you were interested in completing your AOW locally (although I would pick Tahiti over Waterton).

I've only dived Waterton (for my drysuit and altitude courses) but am planning to dive the dam blockhouse in Minnewanka this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom