New To Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

czzzaar

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy Y'all,

I just moved back to Texas after 18 years in California and my skin is starting to dry out. I'm in the Denton/North Texas area and need a buddy/guide to help me get acclaimated. I realize the diving here won't be what I'm used to but that's okay. The first couple times anywhere feels new.

Also, I'm a relatively new SSI OW Instructor but I've worked with a lot of students over the last 4 years and would like to get involved with a shop in the North Texas area. I can dive con or teach, whatever, I just enjoy being with other divers.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks,

Doug

Welcome to the Swamp, Doug! We'll look forward to diving with you in the not too distant future.

czzzaar:
Howdy Y'all,

I just moved back to Texas after 18 years in California and my skin is starting to dry out. I'm in the Denton/North Texas area and need a buddy/guide to help me get acclaimated. I realize the diving here won't be what I'm used to but that's okay. The first couple times anywhere feels new.

Also, I'm a relatively new SSI OW Instructor but I've worked with a lot of students over the last 4 years and would like to get involved with a shop in the North Texas area. I can dive con or teach, whatever, I just enjoy being with other divers.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks,

Doug

Greetings from the Swamp Doug:14:
' Short notice but We'll be up at Lake Murray , Ok. Saturday Morning (1-26-07) at 10:00am at Marietta Landing and will probablly dive just down the road from there. That is not all that far from you. ( white Toyota 4x4 truck , black Ford truck , silver Ford wagon) 100 feet deep, dark, 47 degrees, 5 feet of vis, maybe some rain to elivate the mood... and a few good guys. 'Gonna be a great day :wink:
If not tomorrow then check it out some other time !

Again ... Welcome to Texas

Welcome to the Swamp! You'll find plenty of good Swampers to dive with in that area.

Timeliner:
Greetings from the Swamp Doug:14:
' Short notice but We'll be up at Lake Murray , Ok. Saturday Morning (1-26-07) at 10:00am at Marietta Landing and will probablly dive just down the road from there. That is not all that far from you. ( white Toyota 4x4 truck , black Ford truck , silver Ford wagon) 100 feet deep, dark, 47 degrees, 5 feet of vis, maybe some rain to elivate the mood... and a few good guys. 'Gonna be a great day :wink:
If not tomorrow then check it out some other time !

Again ... Welcome to Texas

Hey, thanks for the invite, I'd love to join you, but that is a little short notice for me. Most of my stuff is in storage so I'll have to go dig it out (I really just got here). Also, my drysuit needs new seals and I'll have to inspect them to see if I can squeeze another couple of dives out of them before I absolutely have to send it in (anybody local that can do that?), but the cold water and low vis kinda makes me homesick. :wink:

Again, thanks for the invite, I definitely appreciate that and I'll sure try my best to hook up with you next time.

Dee:
Welcome to the Swamp! You'll find plenty of good Swampers to dive with in that area.

Thanks, Dee! I look forward to meeting all the Swampers.

Welcome to the swamp, we are headed to CSSP on Sundya if you want to meet out there. What kind of drysuit do you have?

Debraw:
Welcome to the swamp, we are headed to CSSP on Sundya if you want to meet out there. What kind of drysuit do you have?

What is CSSP? I have and Andy's Extreme...in Orange. You can't miss it. :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom